Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody had a set of the splash guards mounted on their SRT Chargers? I have seen pics of them mounted on the Daytonas, RTs and V6 Chargers but I don't think I have seen a pic of any on an SRT. Would they fit? I mean, the tires on the SRTs are wider than on any of the other models arent they? If that's the case, then will the tires still be wider than the splash guards rendering them basically useless? Some help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well, I saw them on a guys car that was a TorRed RT Road & Track. I didn't like them at all, but to each his own! I think they woud fit an SRT - 20" rims on the Road & Track like on the SRT8 - different offset of course, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
388 Posts
mcinfantry has them installed on his car

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have them on my SRT and they fit and look fine. I don't have any pics that really show it so I can't but oh well. I can't stand stone chips and they helped but I still already had my rockers and the bottoms of the doors repainted. Now it also wears the 3M body protectant to hopefully prevent that again. My inferno red paint just fell off and yes from running highway. All this and to date I have 4200 km on the car.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Sure! Here's mine -

More????

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics and info. It looks to me like the tires are still wider than the splash guards though. I don't think that they will completely solve the problem, but I guess anything that helps is better than nothing. I was hoping to get them painted black or yellow to get them more glossy, but I don't think that it's going to stick. Will have to research to see if I can find some sort of primer that will stick to them better than just the paint will. Thanks again for the posts :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the pics and info. It looks to me like the tires are still wider than the splash guards though. I don't think that they will completely solve the problem, but I guess anything that helps is better than nothing. I was hoping to get them painted black or yellow to get them more glossy, but I don't think that it's going to stick. Will have to research to see if I can find some sort of primer that will stick to them better than just the paint will. Thanks again for the posts :)

Check out this post:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38917

·
Registered
731 Posts
They look fine on a black car but on a silver car they don't look as nice for obvious reasons.

I run mine in the winter and them take them off in the spring/summer. They are easy on and off so it isn't an issue.

:)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
They've made a world of difference in protecting the paint. It's not as important that they are as wide as the tire but that they are wide enough to protect the body. They are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do like mine. They did cost a lot from the dealer though. ($80 for all 4) But, I wanted to protect the paint which it has done.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also have them and I agree they blend in the best on black cars. Here in western PA between roads that are tar and chipped or the anti-skid that is put down in the winter it is a necessity. It helps out a great deal and I would definitely consider it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'm going to give them a try. Will be stopping by the dealer sometime this week to get them ordered. The dealer is expensive, they want $55 cdn per pair but I have a $50 Mopar coupon that I can use towards them. Will only cost me $76 for both pairs taxes in. Cost of paint.....don't know yet, will see how I like them stock before I rush into painting them.

Thanks to everyone for the input and pictures, it's appreciated :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
SRT splash Guards are

no different from others. Unless your looking for the wide stance, of the lower sidewall profile. Here's mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah there are a couple of guys on the 300 forum that have them color painted to match thier cars then they look good. Definitly look ok on black If i was still driving a black car i would have them for sure just to help keep it clean for more than two mins....

Jaybo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts