Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those guys that installed splash guards on their chargers,did anyone not drill the holes under the rocker?will there be a problem if I skip this screw?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I drilled it. You'll notice that two screws will come with black stuff gobbed on the threads. Those two screws are for the rockers. The black stuff seals the holes and threads.

I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The dealership installed mine and drilled. No issue and the wheel well is still a bit floppy in there. Weird.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I notice a bit of a gap between the car body and my guards, especially on the rear. I noticed this on other Chargers too. I wonder if these things do not fit flush because I did not drill.

You drillers out there, do you also see the gap?

D a n a

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I notice a bit of a gap between the car body and my guards, especially on the rear. I noticed this on other Chargers too. I wonder if these things do not fit flush because I did not drill.

You drillers out there, do you also see the gap?

D a n a
Yes. The gap is still there. It's the way they are designed.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Drilled, very slight gap hardly noticeable

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I drilled the fender, used the goopy screws and pop riveted the fender liner to the mud guard. really solid and very flush

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I drilled mine but really didn`t notice any gaps. I bought mine from someone on Ebay that said they were not Mopar branded , and weren`t. Do the Mopar ones have a brand?

Scott

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I just installed mine this past weekend. (they are from MOPAR) I did drill the rears as they seemed to move a little. The fronts were solid as a rock without drilling. So I didn't drill the fronts. They sit almost perfectly flush and fit very well. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yes, mine have the gaps. I may try to loosen the screws and set them a bit tighter.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Drilled mine. Made it a point to get things real tight together. No gaps, very flush. Mine are painted to match and really look good on the car. They should have come standard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all you self installers out there. I got my front two guards on with no problems but does anyone have any tricks of the trade to do the rear two. I have 22's and a not a lot of room to get a drill in that tight space.

Any help would be i would like to get that done this week. Help me out!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey all you self installers out there. I got my front two guards on with no problems but does anyone have any tricks of the trade to do the rear two. I have 22's and a not a lot of room to get a drill in that tight space.

Any help would be i would like to get that done this week. Help me out!

Take the rear wheels off. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks

thanks for stating the obvious...lol

but i got er dun last night .... with a drill bit and a wrench.... lol call me the mcguyver of installs.... didnt even have to take my 22's off ... lol

thanks guys:monster:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drilled mine. Once that was done I put some rustolem on the bare metal using a toothpick. Just loaded up a bit of cardboard with paint and then generously applied it with a toothpick. Once the paint was dry, I put a bit of silicone on the holes and put everything together.

I did this to a Fiero of mine about six years ago when I installed my bass shakers into the floor. The car gets driven every winter. No a signal rust spot where I installed the shakers.

CM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts