Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's not really a big deal, more of an annoyance now that I know it's there, but my speedometer is off by 2mph on the low side (i.e. says I'm doing 73 when I'm doing 75) and this does not change with relation to how fast I'm going. Using my GPS i can track how fast I am going (in real time) and I've now used it in 5 other cars plus my Charger for a total of 6 cars. The GPS is absolutely PERFECT in every car but my charger.

I have the 2009 R/T with the Road & Track package and therefore have the 20" wheels. Anyone else finding this problem? I'm wondering if my computer thinks that I have the 18" wheels. I don't have a programmer so I can't see what the computer thinks I have, but should I take it to the dealer and see what it actually says (because I'd like to get it fixed)?

I also figured it would be a good thing for others to check out as it may be a problem with all of them.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Time to get a predator so you can make the wheel size adjustment and (mainly) make that RT run like it should. :thumbsup:

However, it shouldn't have this problem. Ask the dealer to check the number of revolutions per mile setting in your car and compare that to what it should be for your tires.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
If it were the wheel/tire size not being right in the computer the amount you're off should change as your speed changes, not be off by 2mph no matter what. Are you comparing to the analog speedometer or to the digital speedo in the EVIC? If it's the analog dial, it could just be a poorly aligned gauge.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know, I didn't even think to check it out with the digital speedo in the EVIC. I'll have to do that on the way home from work today to see if the two line up. Thanks!:bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts