Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack finished in Sinamon Stick
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. recently I noticed after a few months of having the car the the speedometer shows I’m going 5mph faster than I really am. The digital speedometer indicates the correct speed and I’ve verified it by using Waze and Google maps. When the car is stopped the needle stops just above the 5mph mark could this be a sensor issue or do I need to replace the whole cluster. (The dealer by me is saying it will take them three weeks to get to my car which is ridiculous as I daily it and need it for work) any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

The speedo pointer thingy should be sticking its hand right on zero when stopped. Not normal for it to be anywhere else when stopped. At least the digital speedo isnt lying.

Its probably frustrating for you but the car is driveable as it is so I would continue driving it until your scheduled shop visit. Discuss a loaner when the car goes into the shop if it will not be driveable for more than a day. I assume it take one day for them to troubleshoot and order any parts that might be needed and another shop visit to do the work. Then again it might just require a reflash to correct the problem.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey guys so I have a 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. recently I noticed after a few months of having the car the the speedometer shows I’m going 5mph faster than I really am. The digital speedometer indicates the correct speed and I’ve verified it by using Waze and Google maps. When the car is stopped the needle stops just above the 5mph mark could this be a sensor issue or do I need to replace the whole cluster. (The dealer by me is saying it will take them three weeks to get to my car which is ridiculous as I daily it and need it for work) any help is appreciated thanks.
Hi Manveer$18,
To clarify, are you using stock wheels and tires? Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We're happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Manveer$18,
To clarify, are you using stock wheels and tires? Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We're happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Yes stock wheels and tires

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hi Manveer$18,

Rob
Dodge Cares
Just to clarify, did you actually read his post? Cause if you did, you would realize your question makes zero sense.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I'll explain. Your speedometer reads 5mph when stopped. The size of tire has nothing to do with a speedometer reading 5mph when the car is stopped. And the tire size would have no influence on the inaccuracy between the dial speedometer and the digital speedo which you say reads correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got
I'll explain. Your speedometer reads 5mph when stopped. The size of tire has nothing to do with a speedometer reading 5mph when the car is stopped. And the tire size would have no influence on the inaccuracy between the dial speedometer and the digital speedo which you say reads correct.
Ahh got it so most likely the cluster will have to be replaced I’m guessing since it’s mainly the hardware not software.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I lack the knowledge to say it needs to be replaced. These cars have a lot of quirks that sometimes requires diagnostics to correct. So it might be programming related. Fortunately your digital readout is accurate on the EVIC (electronic vehicle information center) which is the digital display between the tach and speedometer. But when you select another menu item it reads something else in place of the digital speed which I'm sure is aggravating.

You are in a good position being under warranty, so I'm sure you'll be taken care of as soon as possible by the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts