Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Question.. What if i were to purchase the 3.06 rear end kit then purchased a richmond gear set. say 3.23 or 3.55. Could a qualified installer swap out the 3.06 for the Richmond? Would there be any additional hardware needed? If possible even going this route is cheaper than a richmond/Quafe combo.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Question.. What if i were to purchase the 3.06 rear end kit then purchased a richmond gear set. say 3.23 or 3.55. Could a qualified installer swap out the 3.06 for the Richmond? Would there be any additional hardware needed? If possible even going this route is cheaper than a richmond/Quafe combo.
I dont think Richmond is making gears for this rear (226mm Getrag) they are for the 210mm R/T and 215mm SRT rears.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
If you are looking for an easy LSD conversion, we have put together this package. This includes a Getrag LSD with your choice of gear ratio already installed, as well as upgraded axles, new hubs and all hardware needed to plug this into the rear of your Charger!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Right now I have heads/cam and all forged internals (she was an 07 R/T). I'm making 420rwhp. This is definitely the next mod I'm looking to do. I have to wait awhile to save up some money but would 3.55's be too extreme? In the future I plan on supercharging as well. I don't care about gas mileage and will do mild track runs. So would you guys recommend the 3.55's or just do the 3.06's. I also don't really care about top end. In my younger days I was dumb and did some very high speeds in street races, but with my new job I'm done with that so my concern is just with track performance and a nice car to cruise in, but not at 173 mph lol. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I think if you plan on supercharging I would stay with the 3.06, for a stock or heads/cam car the 3.73 or 3.55 would be fine IMO

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looking to upgrade to a LSD with better half shafts? We are constantly getting these kits in stock and shipping them out! Ready to ship with in 3-4 days! No matter if you are a Challenger, 300, Charger or Magnum!!! Order yours today!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Mikey, I still have not seen a debit from my check card account for my 3.06 LSD layaway...order #9143...I called in two weeks ago...(808) 386-2326.....

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Mikey, I still have not seen a debit from my check card account for my 3.06 LSD layaway...order #9143...I called in two weeks ago...(808) 386-2326.....
I just ran your card for the payment. Thanks for getting that cleared up!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Thanks, Mikey...was begining to think you folks didn't want my money!! JK...later dude

PS...kills me when they feature that damn Camaro on FIVE-O!! McGARRETT would fit better in a Charger.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looking to upgrade to a LSD with better half shafts? We are constantly getting these kits in stock and shipping them out! Ready to ship with in 3-4 days! No matter if you are a Challenger, 300, Charger or Magnum!!! Order yours today!
I didn't see this question asked specifically, but is a carrier/ring/pinion setup available without the housing and shafts? I've seen the 3.55 Richmond's but that doesn't salve the open diff. problem. Sorry if I missed this somewhere else in the thread.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I didn't see this question asked specifically, but is a carrier/ring/pinion setup available without the housing and shafts? I've seen the 3.55 Richmond's but that doesn't salve the open diff. problem. Sorry if I missed this somewhere else in the thread.
No these only come as a package as the entire rear end is different.

If you want to use your factory rear, you can add a quaife LSD and kep the 3.06 or upgrade to the richmond 3.23 or 3.55's. We carry all the parts for that swap as well.

·
Registered
572 Posts
No these only come as a package as the entire rear end is different.

If you want to use your factory rear, you can add a quaife LSD and kep the 3.06 or upgrade to the richmond 3.23 or 3.55's. We carry all the parts for that swap as well.
Thanks for the reply. I checked your website. Looking at about $17** for gears and LSD. Gotta save for that one! At your kit prices though, its almost not worth fooling with the Quaife.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I checked your website. Looking at about $17** for gears and LSD. Gotta save for that one! At your kit prices though, its almost not worth fooling with the Quaife.
Yeah the Getrag kits are the best deal unless you absolutely want the 3.55 ratio, since you are also getting stronger axles as well as the gears and LSD already installed

21 - 40 of 52 Posts