Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Cameras and electronics are going to take all the fun out of high speed driving soon. My next car is going to be a slow, luxury cruiser.

When I was young people used to frequently outrun the cops. Then cops started getting police interceptors - real ones with 440s, not the crap modern Crown Vics - and the chase was on.

I outran the cops probably about half a dozen times when I was young. I should add young and dumb because now I see how that can lead to innocent people being killed. Now I just pull over and wait with my license and registration out. As a result of that I have not had a speeding ticket since 1992.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
That is why I like to live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate.
live in cali here thry requir 1 but i took mine off

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is why I like to live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate.
We don't have them here in Arizona, either. The camera gets a front shot of your ugly mug, and also a rear shot of your license plate. Now if somebody besides you is driving your car, you don't get the ticket. If a woman is behind the wheel, you will get sent a "snitch ticket" which isn't a ticket at all.
Just an attempt to get you to rat out who was driving. They go straight to the bottom of the waste can.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Won't be long and camera's will be everywhere.....You;ll start getting tickets for speeding 65 in a 55 etc. Here in Iowa we already have them at stop lights busting people for running red lights and not stopping when you turn right on a red. Minor speeding WILL be next I am sure.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think we're losing some Freedom here! You should be able to fly down a deserted highway at night with no one around. It LEO spots you its on YOU!
Not hurting anything if the road deserted...... ITS BIG BROTHERISM!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think we're losing some Freedom here! You should be able to fly down a deserted highway at night with no one around. It LEO spots you its on YOU!
Come on, they are "saving lives".......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I agree

I like the good ole days

One bad guy

One lawman

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Were Gonna Have To All Start Using Back-roads To Hide From The Government

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Back roads are visible from space (visible and infrared spectrum). The satellite registers a ground target moving faster than X MPH, activates the nearest local cam and notifies the nearest patrol car. Bam! You're busted! The officer walks up to your car with a photo in hand of you committing your speed crime (60 seconds ago) and asks 'is this your car'?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Future scenario:
Retina scanner ID's driver (on file with DMV) on vehicle start, any speed over 15+ clocked by satellite and confirmed by vehicle computer, logs driver, VIN, location and ticket mailed. B.A.C. also if MADD pushes hard enough.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Back roads are visible from space (visible and infrared spectrum). The satellite registers a ground target moving faster than X MPH, activates the nearest local cam and notifies the nearest patrol car. Bam! You're busted! The officer walks up to your car with a photo in hand of you committing your speed crime (60 seconds ago) and asks 'is this your car'?
my uncle got caught by a plain going 136 in a cuda 440 on his way to L.A.
got his ticket at a red light

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
an airplane can only cover so much terrain at a time. A satellite can cover the entire US, if they so wish. Same principle, tho.
As far as costs go, say the one satellite helps capture 200 speeders per day, at $200 per ticket, times 365 days a year - that's $14.6 million per year. WAY more than enough to justify the cost of putting one of those suckers in orbit. if not a whole squadron of them

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I guess in the future the moment you go 1 mph over the limit they will come snatch you out of your car and throw you in a cell with "Bubba"!

The future sucks

·
Registered
170 Posts
The future sucks
No worries dude, for every action the is a reaction.... like films which appears clear to the eye but block cameras from looking thru plates and windshields.

Technology works for everyone.

·
Registered
388 Posts
No worries dude, for every action the is a reaction.... like films which appears clear to the eye but block cameras from looking thru plates and windshields.

Technology works for everyone.
No such thing.
Just a scam to get your dollar.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts