Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to raise or remove the speed limiter which is set at 126 mph ?
Or do you have to buy an aftermarket programmer to do this.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
only aftermarket

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
If there were one, which there is not yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they make an aftermarket one for the Chrysler 300 ? and if they do would'nt it work on the Charger?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No they don't, therefore, it won't, but if they did, yes it would:)

·
Registered
608 Posts
GLHS837 said:
LOL :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
GLHS837 said:

ok, so where can I get one :D

(just kidding)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
You can't, becuase they dont, but if they did, you could:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry to break up the slap stick with a little bit of seriousness, BUT........ If you when you approach the speed limiter you hold the key to the start ignition position, it will bypass the speed limiter and will continue on for as long as you hold the key turned, its a computer override, in sense..

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
now this was talked about over on LXforums... but the end result, no one who posted had tried it...

So my question would be, do you know this from word of mouth, or have you done this yourself?

Also at 124 MPH, how smart is it to drive with one hand, while the other one is holding the key?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
here is the thread...
Key Trick

this is basically nothing but a myth from what I have gathered

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
dont know about he charger, but in the ram trucks it works!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ltdodge said:
dont know about he charger, but in the ram trucks it works!

yeah... the fact that it works in the truck is mentioned in the first post... this is where the info came about that perked interest on the LX board

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
On a safety note, please remember that your limiter is designed around your stock tires speed rating. Now that rating does have a safety factor, so I'm not saying your tires will blow at 128, but you ARE overriding a safety feature. Please bear this in mind.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is the necessary programmer to remove the speed limiter, change fuel/timing maps or whatever else your heart desires on our cars. I'm sure that somewhere one could find one, but they're be quite pricey ($4500) and you'd still need the base maps to work from.
If all goes well, my car will be retuned this week. I've asked for whatever tune they used in the 300C that Motor Trend magically got to a 13.8 and the speed limiter removed.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
DiabloSport Predator Programmers is working on a unit for the LX cars, but they are unsure of a release date as of yet... IMHO thier programmers are a hellovalot better then superchips or hypertech...

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
el, are you sure it will do those functions? I can't see any reason that DCX would enable that kind of function in a dealership tool. I know the SRT team has computers that can do such, but to my knowledge, dealer levels tools are not allowed that level of access.

As far as buying one to reverse engineer, I'm pretty sure the DCMA would make that illegal.

And Daytona, there's a reson they are not saying. Becuase a lot of folks promised to crack the NGC and didn't. They dont want to make a promise they might not be able to keep. The SRT-4 community has heard "We're working on it" for three years now, nothing yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts