Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2017 Dodge Charger AWD with only 17,100 miles on it at time of purchase a few months back. About a month ago installed a Spectre Cold Air Intake.
Though I’d share if anyone was considering installing a cold air intake.
Does add a nice bump to hp, sounds good and since on fuel economy city around 21mpg and highway 23+mpg I’ve been averaging. I also had a slight tint added (35% what’s legal
In my state, was gonna go darker but got a record so not worth hassle) and had the rims powder painted black along with some other small interior updates... Anyone else have any other suggestions for mods (appearance or performance) or feedback lmk. I plan on keeping the car for years to come. Thanks.

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Doesn't add jack for HP, but if you believe that....then fine. It certainly lightened your wallet.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Doesn't add jack for HP, but if you believe that....then fine. It certainly lightened your wallet.
You jerk!

I had the same thing all typed up, and then I was like no ill let it go.

It only increased mpg because his wallet is lighter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You jerk!

I had the same thing all typed up, and then I was like no ill let it go.

It only increased mpg because his wallet is lighter.
damn, homie came back to just be a lil hater. if you a grown man and cant contribute to things in any sort of helpful manner, you must be hatin on yourself consistently more than anyone. good looks though g.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
damn, homie came back to just be a lil hater. if you a grown man and cant contribute to things in any sort of helpful manner, you must be hatin on yourself consistently more than anyone. good looks though g.
Not hating.

But you didn't notice any sort of power increase whatsoever with an aftermarket intake.

Even if it did allow you 15 more horsepower, you wouldn't be able to tell a bit of difference.

That being said, it didn't.

If anything, that metal tubing heated your air for you.

This forum has been dead for years. There's like 15 people that post if you disregard the massive thread on people complaining about their 2022 orders that disappear once they get their car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I bought a 2017 Dodge Charger AWD with only 17,100 miles on it at time of purchase a few months back. About a month ago installed a Spectre Cold Air Intake.
Does add a nice bump to hp, sounds good and since on fuel economy city around 21mpg and highway 23+mpg I’ve been averaging. I also had a slight tint added (35% what’s legal
In my state, was gonna go darker but got a record so not worth hassle) and had the rims powder painted black along with some other small interior updates... Anyone else have any other suggestions for mods (appearance or performance) or feedback lmk. I plan on keeping the car for years to come. Thanks.

View attachment 307297
View attachment 307298 View attachment 307299
Car looks good man! CAI may or may not increase HP but looks and sounds great under the hood. As long as your happy with it, don’t let others ruin your spotlight. Thanks for sharing the pics.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Car looks good man! CAI may or may not increase HP but looks and sounds great under the hood. As long as your happy with it, don’t let others ruin your spotlight. Thanks for sharing the pics.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus
I'm not ruining his spotlight. They make the engine bay look a little nicer and do let out some extra noise which is nice as well.

I just call BS on the noticing a power increase. Like the Pedal Commander people.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Haterz gonna hate, y0!

Arm Vertebrate Leg Sleeve Mammal

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I mean ya i've been driving it, so i noticed a power difference after, didn't claim something crazy. Couldn't imagine hoping on this to be a hater. no wonder this forum dead.
The forum isn't dead, we've just been here long enough to have actually tested things.

Cold air intakes have been tested to death both on the dyno and the track. If anyone can feel the 3-5 hp gained (at peak- not across the board) then more power to them. At the track, it makes no difference whatsoever.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Green SXT w/ Blacktop Opt..
74 Posts
Looking at the install, unless you wrap the bare aluminum tubes with a heat insulating material you will be heating the air in the tube by conduction from the engine and radiator. Similar to insulating ductwork in the attic or crawlspace to prevent heat gain or loss.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,976 Posts
Truth about CAI threads.....

Nose Hairstyle White Vertebrate Cartoon

But seriously, not so much hate as helping others understand the actual facts about things that are not new. Would you rather people tell you want to hear cause they think you are unable to grasp it, or actually be honest and up front about it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking at the install, unless you wrap the bare aluminum tubes with a heat insulating material you will be heating the air in the tube by conduction from the engine and radiator. Similar to insulating ductwork in the attic or crawlspace to prevent heat gain or loss.
are you suggesting something like this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Truth about CAI threads.....

View attachment 307338

But seriously, not so much hate as helping others understand the actual facts about things that are not new. Would you rather people tell you want to hear cause they think you are unable to grasp it, or actually be honest and up front about it?
lmao, ya right those comments were helpful. that is exactly what they were trying to do, be helpful to someone who does not have as much car knowledge as them, lmao, you can totally tell that. - nah man.
that just throwing shade.

--- appreciate any helpful / constructive feedback from anyone, as the main goal of life is to get better and grow everyday, while helping and providing for others. but cute cartoon though .

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,908 Posts
Ok,
The argument of CAI systems is kinda tiring. Saying it doesn't make any HP gains in most cases is un true. If it makes 1HP over stock, that is a gain weather you see it at the track or can feel it in anyway, facts are facts.

We also can't assume everyone who buys a CAI system is looking for more power. Hell, look at how many people go after a Cat back system, they are usually after sound.

I'm sure you guys are tired of talking about them, but you still comment on them so you must still have more to say. Remember these forums are for people to learn share and feel excited about their common interest in the Charger. Why just bash on things that people enjoy. I hate the bumper guards people leave on their cars, not for how it looks, but the damage it leaves behind.

Car looks nice man, so does the CAI system. It dresses up the engine bay nicely.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,976 Posts
lmao, ya right those comments were helpful. that is exactly what they were trying to do, be helpful to someone who does not have as much car knowledge as them, lmao, you can totally tell that. - nah man.

--- appreciate any helpful / constructive feedback from anyone, as the main goal of life is to get better and grow everyday, while helping and providing for others. but cute cartoon though .

Truth is that system may only help with the tubing being smoother. I can only surmise as I do not have a 3.6. But the stock airbox allowed for plenty of colder air to be allowed in. If you kept the tube and ditched the airfilter for the stock setup you would actually help. And if the tube is metal then I would suggest finding either a plastic setup, or wrapping it with a heat reflecting material. If you wanted something even more I would suggest looking into the "hellcat" snorkle that is popluar.

Yeah some have a odd or bad way of saying it but the system you have is just not a proper CAI.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Alone it probably won't add much. Consider adding a tuner (like DiabloSport) and doing some exhaust upgrades.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
595 Posts
Anyone else have any other suggestions for mods (appearance or performance) or feedback lmk. I plan on keeping the car for years to come.
Looks good.
Does it add nicer sound?
275 tires (if they fit your rims) could be your next step.
Brakes from R/T (not sure what SXT AWD has), aftermarket catback exhaust system......

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger RT
11 Posts

View attachment 307297
View attachment 307298 View attachment 307299
Did the same to my 2014 charger rt, doesn't do much for HP but does make the engine sound better plus it doesn't require a retuning, Spectre cold air intake is one of the cheapest you can buy, why spend hundreds of dollars on other brands when they all do the same, I opted not to use the included filter and used K&N RU-2960 it's bigger and fits much better, for performance and looks you might want to consider lowering it and changing all the rear links and the front upper A-arms, I did mine and it handles much better.
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wheel
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts