Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Charger RT with the 10 speaker beats sound system. Subwoofer in the trunk. I am about to pick up my 2020 RT with the six stock Alpine speakers. I need the responses as simplified and easy to understand as possible as I am not an audio file

The sound quality of the Alpine speakers is not close to the Beats which are not offered. Outside of buying a beat system here in my questions.

If I'm looking to spend about $500, what is the best way to recreate the Beats system or come close to the sound? The Harman Kardon is $1,900 so that's out.

Will a 500 watt amp work with the stock Alpine speakers?

Do I need an amp and a subwoofer?

Do I need to replace the Alpine speakers or are they close enough in sound quality to the Beats?

I can't seem to find the exact specs on the Beats or Alpine speakers other than 2 ohms and their size. I would love to beats specifications if I have to match them if you have them.

Lastly my 2020 RT does not have speakers in the rear doors like the 17 does. Am I able to put speakers in at a reasonable price in the doors? Do the installers just cut the doors or do I have to buy animals that already have the speakers in them for the speaker and grill cover as if it was made for the Harman Kardon version of my car

Thank you in advance. Bottom line I want to recreate the Beats quality of clarity Sound and Bass. What kind of amp do I need? Multi-channel 1Channel Etc what kind of speakers do I need and do I need to install speakers in the back doors and if so how do I do that? I would obviously have it done professionally

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - replace the dash speaks with direct JBL(GX-302) or similar replacements. 2.3ohm
2 - buy any subwoofer you want, either powered or unpowered.
3 - buy amp to run sub if not powered.
4 - If you want to replace the 6X9's in the doors & deck you can, however on the stock Alpine amp those locations will give you mostly bass. I replaced all mine & would not have replaced them other then the dash if I did it again.
This will be plenty.
If you want something more, see an installer. They can put stuff in the doors if you want or upgrade the speakers at all locations & run those off a separate amp. And then make all of it work with your infotainment
If you google, there several write ups on this.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I LOVE the stock front Alpines. I added an amp and 8" subwoofer, since the rear deck already had a hole for it, and I am happy as heck with the sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To simplest and cheapest possible but decent .... i would just get a sub and amp used hook it up and tune the system from there probably turn the bass off the door speakers and see how they do at high volume then add bass might be a good enough system for you imo🤠

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Charger RT with the 10 speaker beats sound system. Subwoofer in the trunk. I am about to pick up my 2020 RT with the six stock Alpine speakers. I need the responses as simplified and easy to understand as possible as I am not an audio file

The sound quality of the Alpine speakers is not close to the Beats which are not offered. Outside of buying a beat system here in my questions.

If I'm looking to spend about $500, what is the best way to recreate the Beats system or come close to the sound? The Harman Kardon is $1,900 so that's out.

Will a 500 watt amp work with the stock Alpine speakers?

Do I need an amp and a subwoofer?

Do I need to replace the Alpine speakers or are they close enough in sound quality to the Beats?

I can't seem to find the exact specs on the Beats or Alpine speakers other than 2 ohms and their size. I would love to beats specifications if I have to match them if you have them.

Lastly my 2020 RT does not have speakers in the rear doors like the 17 does. Am I able to put speakers in at a reasonable price in the doors? Do the installers just cut the doors or do I have to buy animals that already have the speakers in them for the speaker and grill cover as if it was made for the Harman Kardon version of my car

Thank you in advance. Bottom line I want to recreate the Beats quality of clarity Sound and Bass. What kind of amp do I need? Multi-channel 1Channel Etc what kind of speakers do I need and do I need to install speakers in the back doors and if so how do I do that? I would obviously have it done professionally
I replaced the rear deck 6x9s, the front door 6x9s and the front dash 3.5s. And thats it! Powered by factory amp and no subwoofer added. It sounds amazing. Plenty of bass unless you are a bass head and/or want people to hear you before they see you. I just wanted good sound with good bass inside the cabin. It cost me about $250 and 4hrs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts