Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 07 charger srt8 6.1 hemi. I was wondering if its better to stick with the stock laser platinum plugs which cost more than the iridium plugs or go with the iridium plugs and of course NGK. I just pulled out a Autolite plug from it which it was iridium but I'm not big fan of Autolite plugs at all. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Stay away from the iridiums. any platinum plug will do. Even cheap copper plugs work very well just need to replace more often

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Personally, my opinion is Dodge does millions of dollars in R/D and figured out which plug works best. I'd stick with the stock platinum's.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Stay away from the iridiums. any platinum plug will do. Even cheap copper plugs work very well just need to replace more often
Don't use copper plugs in the 6.1 L Hemi. The PCM needs the resistance of the Platinum plugs in order to control the engine operating parameters properly.

The modern engines control systems use the data they get from the resistance on the plugs to set everything from A/F ratio to engine timing.

Use factory spec only.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Don't use copper plugs in the 6.1 L Hemi. The PCM needs the resistance of the Platinum plugs in order to control the engine operating parameters properly.

The modern engines control systems use the data they get from the resistance on the plugs to set everything from A/F ratio to engine timing.

Use factory spec only.
I did not know that. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts