Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with. I have a 2012 Charger police addition which came from the factory with a full sized spare tire and the mount installed on the upper section of the trunk floor. The recessed hole in the trunk floor is covered with a molded rubber mat/panel that can be removed if needed. Because of this none of the mounting surfaces for the original compact spare / spare tire are visible. I believe they are there but have not disassembled anything yet. The faux floor / support load floor has also been deleted due to this option.

I have already removed the full sized spare mount to make some room in the trunk. The spare tire is just sitting there right now which will become a 50 lb projectile in a wreck. I know its a safety hazard and am working to resolve that issue. I want to replace the full sized spare with a compact sized wheel but do not know what all I need. I know I need the compact spare, the bolt that attaches to the trunk floor, the wing nut to hold on the jack, and the appropriate hardware to secure the spare wheel to the bolt. Problem is that I don't know what part numbers to use to order these items because those type of website usually do not provide pics of each part.

I also want the faux floor / support load floor for the trunk but again don't know the part number and have yet to find one for sale anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, what size is the compact wheel and what is the tire size? Will a 2006 wheel fit a 2012 vehicle? Are Magnum/300's/Charger wheels interchangeable? And finally, can anyone give me some pictures of a stock 2011 and up trunk that came with the compact spare? A pic of the support load floor as well as a pick of the compact spare assembly would be very beneficial. I have searched the site but not quite found what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I think the full size tire might fit down in there, give that a shot first. I think they go with the fake floor and high mount for the spare to allow the mounting of sensitive electronics down in that bay. Or maybe not....

http://www.hendonpub.com/police_fleet_manager/articles/2012/0708/dodge_summer_police_advisory_board

VEry interesting article about the police vehicles.....

Dodge added a special handling course with cornering forces up to 0.8 g, which is far in excess of anything a normal retail car sees, except the SRT vehicles
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels will fit but without pictures of what you're talking about, it's hard to give an accurate suggestion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm not able to get a picture right now because the trunk if jam packed with my equipment. Basically, my trunk looks like any other trunk in a 2011+ Charger since I removed the full sized spare mount. The only exception is that you can see the recessed hole for the compact spare since the fake floor is not there.

I think the full size tire might fit down in there, give that a shot first. I think they go with the fake floor and high mount for the spare to allow the mounting of sensitive electronics down in that bay. Or maybe not....

http://www.hendonpub.com/police_fleet_manager/articles/2012/0708/dodge_summer_police_advisory_board

VEry interesting article about the police vehicles.....

:)
The full sized spare won't fit down there flush because the tire is too big. Most of the electronics are mounted inside the cabin of the car. Only a few items are in the trunk and they are mounted against the top of the trunk (not the trunk lid). The fake floors come in the non police package chargers. I want that flake floor so that everything will be nice and level for me to stack my stuff. As it is right now, the entire trunk floor is completely uneven so nothing sits flat. Everything is tilted and slides around because of it.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
You might try hitting up your local junkyard. Been enough time that you might find one there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts