Charger Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
yeah good points, I guess if you at least have the tire you can find any loser in the middle of nowhere to mount it up for ya....i cant imagine trying to find someone to buy one of those tires from in a pinch, and they would probably see the nice charger and charge an arm and a leg for it. great ideas, thanks for the input.....

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
My thoughts exactly. There is always some Gomer or Gouber Pile out there in
his overalls and a grease rag hanging out of his pocket. I recently replaced both 245 F1's up front, and had to wait for a month and a half until Goodyear got around to making a new batch. NOBODY had them in stock. Somebody found one at a dealer, and they wanted over $350.00 just for the tire. So if
you are hauling ass down the freeway late Saturday night and run over a spike
or something, at least you have the tire ready to go. The next morning. When a tire shop opens up. On a Sunday. Shssssh. Now that I think of it, I'll either just stay in town or take my wifes car.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Here's my solution, I suppose. I have a slightly used 255/45-20 F1 in my garage. If I go out of town, I will throw it in the trunk. So if anything more severe than a leak happens, I have a replacement to go on either the front or the rear. Trying to buy a new 245 or 255 out in the middle of nowhere is not a pleasant thought. It won't take up to much space since there is no wheel, and you could pack stuff in the middle of the tire.

Kenny, you're the man!
sounds like another great solution... kenny, is the man:bigthumb:

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can also pack stuff in the middle of the rim, if you plop it in the trunk face-down. I can't think of a mounting provision that doesn't involve at least a little bit of modification. I've been considering a few ways of doing this ... I do carry the full size spare in the trunk, since I come in to Newark where the roads snck I've had quite a few flats over the years, but I rarely have anyone else in the car with me.

·
Registered
810 Posts
You can also pack stuff in the middle of the rim, if you plop it in the trunk face-down. I can't think of a mounting provision that doesn't involve at least a little bit of modification. I've been considering a few ways of doing this ... I do carry the full size spare in the trunk, since I come in to Newark where the roads snck I've had quite a few flats over the years, but I rarely have anyone else in the car with me.
If you always travel alone, maybe throw the spare in a huge garbage bag and wedge it between the passenger and rear seat ?? It won't move for sure ...

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you always travel alone, maybe throw the spare in a huge garbage bag and wedge it between the passenger and rear seat ?? It won't move for sure ...
I doubt it would fit, that thing is deceptively huge. Anyway I have a car seat in the right rear seat, those things are a PITA to remove and install ... between the crotch-of-the-seat latch system, the top tether hooked to the fitting on the rear package tray, and the under-seat guard mat thing I use, not to mention the several strategically placed protective towels ... :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Short of going out and buying another 20" factory or aftermarket wheel what less expensive options are there for a "donut" emergency tire ?
Cough up the cash, look up Santa Ana wheel on the inet and get a real wheel and tire. The tread on a doughnut and tire goo are for desperate people and not a safe solution.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Cough up the cash, look up Santa Ana wheel on the inet and get a real wheel and tire. The tread on a doughnut and tire goo are for desperate people and not a safe solution.
You're responding to a fourteen-year-old thread.

The OP has probably resolved his spare tire issue by now.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You're responding to a fourteen-year-old thread.

The OP has probably resolved his spare tire issue by now.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It was intended for people who own
an older car. ...we don't all have new ones. If you look up spare tire on this forum it will send you to several threads.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Here's a middle east export SRT8 with a factory full size spare on the police bracket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
Here's a middle east export SRT8 with a factory full size spare on the police bracket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info and the picture, I offered a free picture of my do it yourself solution and someone complained that I posted in a "very old thread"....even though the bottom left of my screen lists "suggested threads"....and almost all of them are not for current cars. LOL.......Mercy sakes! You and I just posted in a "very old thread"! LOL

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thanks for the info and the picture, I offered a free picture of my do it yourself solution and someone complained that I posted in a "very old thread"....even though the bottom left of my screen lists "suggested threads"....and almost all of them are not for current cars. LOL.......Mercy sakes! You and I just posted in a "very old thread"! LOL
I'm sorry to hear that you consider letting you know that you responded to a fourteen-year-old thread to be "complaining", especially since you thanked me for bringing it to your attention.

By the way, it's called "necroposting". I'm surprised you didn't know that. Didn't you tell me a while back that you run your own online forum?

It's nice to see that you're offering free pictures of your solution to other forum members. Didn't you drop a necropost on another ancient "spare tire" thread offering to sell "detailed plans" of your spare tire solution for $25? How did that work out for you?

Reactions: HemiLonestar
81 - 93 of 93 Posts