Charger Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
That ebay guy sounds convincing, but holely scraped facia, Batman, that front looks like it must be almost dragging on the ground. One little bump and bam, there goes your front end.
you're right it looks pretty low

·
Registered
250 Posts
well if it's just a leak... you can use the fix a flat in the trunk... does that thing actually work
People seem to have success with it. Im hoping it would work for me. If you ever change wheels and tires you have your spare stock wheel and a 255. A long trip I would seriously think about putting one in the trunk with a little jack. Then again maybe I wouldn't and hope the sealant would do it. Im no help :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
People seem to have success with it. Im hoping it would work for me. If you ever change wheels and tires you have your spare stock wheel and a 255. A long trip I would seriously think about putting one in the trunk with a little jack. Then again maybe I wouldn't and hope the sealant would do it. Im no help :lol:
most likely i'll be keeping just the stock wheels for a while... i really don't go on very long trips, so it's not a huge worry for me... just wanted an alternative

·
Registered
695 Posts
most likely i'll be keeping just the stock wheels for a while... i really don't go on very long trips, so it's not a huge worry for me... just wanted an alternative
Yeah, I finally gave up also. After looking at all the options it seems that none are that great. I guess this is why we don't have a spare.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
When I get my new wheels, I am going to sell 3 of my current wheels and keep one for a spare. Issue solved for me, I'll just have to find people who also want a spare tire lol :banana:

·
Registered
810 Posts
When I get my new wheels, I am going to sell 3 of my current wheels and keep one for a spare. Issue solved for me, I'll just have to find people who also want a spare tire lol :banana:
That's a good idea ... I'd be interested in one if we can get together on price and the practicality of shipping to CT ... I don't think I'd carry it except on long trips, cause I drive my car pretty close to home... but if I had a blow out I could find someone to go to my house and bring the tire to me ... PM me when you get your new wheels ??

Thanks,

Kenny

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
That's a good idea ... I'd be interested in one if we can get together on price and the practicality of shipping to CT ... I don't think I'd carry it except on long trips, cause I drive my car pretty close to home... but if I had a blow out I could find someone to go to my house and bring the tire to me ... PM me when you get your new wheels ??

Thanks,

Kenny
yeah x2.. that's already 2 sold... you only have one more sucker to buy your last one:bigthumb:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Actually, I might be interested in TWO of them, so maybe you unload them all at once and ship them to one address ... I think I'd use them at the track with some other tires so I don't kill my brand new F1's so quickly ...

Kenny

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Yeah, but with a 20" spare in your trunk, how are you going to fit your golf clubs in there? Seems like the lower cost option is to have them pick up the tire, re-shoe it, and bring it back. Versus trying to sell 3 tires instead of 4....

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Yeah, but with a 20" spare in your trunk, how are you going to fit your golf clubs in there? Seems like the lower cost option is to have them pick up the tire, re-shoe it, and bring it back. Versus trying to sell 3 tires instead of 4....
Well I can hold that 20" spare in my trunk because I never use my trunk, it's always empty. I am single and dont have kids so I have the whole inside of my car to put things in. I could re-shoe it but I have connections where I am getting my rims with tires dirt cheap. :alfdance:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Actually, I might be interested in TWO of them, so maybe you unload them all at once and ship them to one address ... I think I'd use them at the track with some other tires so I don't kill my brand new F1's so quickly ...

Kenny
cool... and i want one, so that makes 3 sold...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
193 Posts
do you guys have any way of holding down the full spare sitting in the trunk????....i just worry about it bouncing around in an accident, escpecially if my baby is in the back seat...

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
do you guys have any way of holding down the full spare sitting in the trunk????....i just worry about it bouncing around in an accident, escpecially if my baby is in the back seat...
good point... i'm only gonna put my full spare in my trunk on long trips... otherwise, I'll leave it at home and if something should happened then I'll just call someone to bring it to me... maybe it could be held down with some locking straps of some sort

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Easy, I'll put a 10 inch donut spare on top of my 20 inch stock spare. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
810 Posts
When I went to New Hampshire a few weeks ago, I took an old tire with me (no rim, but figured at least if I blew one I'd have the tire anyway) and had a large Coleman cooler ... Slid the cooler up behind the seat and the tire fit nice and tight behind it .. We even had to do a panic stop at one point (those who went will remember it well) and everything stayed put, so something like that might work for ya ??

Kenny

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here's my solution, I suppose. I have a slightly used 255/45-20 F1 in my garage. If I go out of town, I will throw it in the trunk. So if anything more severe than a leak happens, I have a replacement to go on either the front or the rear. Trying to buy a new 245 or 255 out in the middle of nowhere is not a pleasant thought. It won't take up to much space since there is no wheel, and you could pack stuff in the middle of the tire.

Kenny, you're the man!

61 - 80 of 93 Posts