Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i dont know about offset, width or lug pattern, but dodge has a 20 inch spare tire rim, i found this out when i had to put a spare on my ram.

you know, the ugly black spare tire rim, someone should look into that.
this guy has the whole setup and it fits in the srt spare wheel space... it comes with a jack and a bunch of other things too

Attachments

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
fine...dont take my advice....stuck up SRT owners....

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
appreciate the input :beerchug:
for the record...i was kidding....all in fun, for the people who arent familiar with me :banana::rocker::beerchug:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
this guy has the whole setup and it fits in the srt spare wheel space... it comes with a jack and a bunch of other things too
I emailed this guy and asked how far and how fast you can go on this.
He said he went 70 mph. And drove on it for a long time. But said to keep
it under 60. But damn, that front end looks like Nascar, with about a 1/2"
clearance to the road. Yikes. I'm thinking of buying some beat up 300C SRT 20" wheel
and stick a 255 on it. How did that one dude get that 300 wheel in the hole in the trunk?????

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I emailed this guy and asked how far and how fast you can go on this.
He said he went 70 mph. And drove on it for a long time. But said to keep
it under 60. But damn, that front end looks like Nascar, with about a 1/2"
clearance to the road. Yikes. I'm thinking of buying some beat up 300C SRT 20" wheel
and stick a 255 on it. How did that one dude get that 300 wheel in the hole in the trunk?????
which dude are you referring to

·
Registered
810 Posts
This dude with the 300c jammed in the hole. Post #29
Looks like he ripped out the styrofoam box ... must be a lot of space around it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
This dude with the 300c jammed in the hole. Post #29

The guy reconfigured the whole spare tire well. Metal work and body work involved.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
You don't have to rip out the styrofoam box, it simply lifts out. It is held in place by gravity. I measured the diameter of the well, and it would appear you
could get a 27" diameter tire/wheel in there, maybe even a 28" diameter.
Some sort of dodge wheel with tire would fit in there, which would work on
the rear even with the Brembo brake caliper. Then just do the switch er roo
if the front blows out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
which would work on
the rear even with the Brembo brake caliper. Then just do the switch er roo
if the front blows out.
Bad thing about this is you WANT same diameter tires on the rear, other wise it's bad for the differential and can screw with ABS.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Bad thing about this is you WANT same diameter tires on the rear, other wise it's bad for the differential and can screw with ABS.
True. You must turn off ABS completely, and probably go no further then
50 miles. The offset height puts a strain on the diff, and it starts to heat up.
Or so they say. I suppose the only answer is to call a tow. Or keep a full size
255 on a wheel in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
True. You must turn off ABS completely, and probably go no further then
50 miles. The offset height puts a strain on the diff, and it starts to heat up.
Or so they say. I suppose the only answer is to call a tow. Or keep a full size
255 on a wheel in the trunk.
well if it's just a leak... you can use the fix a flat in the trunk... does that thing actually work

·
Registered
187 Posts
IMO $480 plus $45 - $60 shipping for a donut spare and a jack is a bit nucking futs ....even with the CNC'd adapter.

well if it's just a leak... you can use the fix a flat in the trunk... does that thing actually work
I've seen other posts mention that the goo and pump actually work quite well ... one guy wrote that his tire guy said it was the best goop he'd ever seen IIRC. Won't work if you have major trauma though. One time in my '96 Impala SS I had a tire go down on I95 in CT ... by the time I was able to get over to the shoulder and stopped, the tire was shredded. With that in mind I carry a full size spare in the trunk (bought off the PO (for more than he paid for it according to posting history if you're reading this :tongue::slap::biggrinjester:)), with a scissor jack out of an Accord and the necessary wrenches. For the little stuff, I have a bottle of aftermarket goo and a Sears 12v pump. My car didn't come with the DCX pump setup.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
IMO $480 plus $45 - $60 shipping for a donut spare and a jack is a bit nucking futs ....even with the CNC'd adapter.

I've seen other posts mention that the goo and pump actually work quite well ... one guy wrote that his tire guy said it was the best goop he'd ever seen IIRC. Won't work if you have major trauma though. One time in my '96 Impala SS I had a tire go down on I95 in CT ... by the time I was able to get over to the shoulder and stopped, the tire was shredded. With that in mind I carry a full size spare in the trunk (bought off the PO (for more than he paid for it according to posting history if you're reading this :tongue::slap::biggrinjester:)), with a scissor jack out of an Accord and the necessary wrenches. For the little stuff, I have a bottle of aftermarket goo and a Sears 12v pump. My car didn't come with the DCX pump setup.
oh wow... i know how i95 can be in ct:D yeah that's a bit steep for me... what that dude wants for the setup... i'm gonna continue to research.... thanx for the input :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
That ebay guy sounds convincing, but holely scraped facia, Batman, that front looks like it must be almost dragging on the ground. One little bump and bam, there goes your front end.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts