Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FINAL UPDATE (EVENING): 12/14/07

Well by looking at the weather link below no precipitation is to happen till 6pm. In the morning we should see party cloudy skies with bursts of sunshine till like noon, so I'm happy. Well I hope all is well with you and that your coming out tomorrow. It should be fun, laid back, food, a couple of contests and cruisin, just what Saturdays are all about!...Remember to bring a toy, driving gloves and cash to pick up a calendar and enter the 50/50 raffle. Please note we will run out of calendars but we'll be prepared to take orders for past editions and if you want to be in the new one we are putting together, see me!!!!!! Well, I'm signing off. I may post an update in the am. See you soon!!!

UPDATE: 12/14/07

Whats zup everyone!!!!!!! Well it looks like all the Voo Doo dancing I've been doing to get the weather to shift to Sunday has worked!!!! If you drill down on the hourly details for tomorrow it looks like precipitation won't start to even happen till after dinner time!!!!WOOO HOOO....here we go man, POLISH EM UP!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped by the dealership last night and we are ready. I wanted to cover a few things with you guys:

1) Remember we ask that you donate a new unwrapped toy in order to park and be involved with the M&G. When you arrive you'll see me and we'll get you parked. After your parked we will issue you a show placard for your dash to be displayed and one voting ticket for the 'Best in Show' favorite car contest. Also attached will be a name tag, please write your Forums Alias on the tag so we know who you are. Remember only one ticket will be issued to each car that donates a Toy. Find your favorite car, go to the control table, write the number of your favorite car on your voting ticket and place it in the 'Favorite Car' voting box. This time around we will have a first and second place winner with gift certificates to OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE.

2) There will be a 50/50 raffle, please donate!!!!!!!

3) Limited quantities of custom made 2008 CHARGER CALENDARS will be available, they are $25 a piece and bad to the bone. We also will be taking orders from you to have your car featured in a CUSTOM CALENDAR being made of the meet, be sure to see me.

4) Food, and I mean food. There will be a caterer at the event this time, bring an appetite.

5) Winners of the 'Best in Show' contest will be announced at 12:45pm as well at the 50/50 raffle winner.

6) NO BURN OUTS!!!

7) The cruise. Well the weather has turned for the better so bring your driving gloves. We'll pull out at 1:30pm and head south, I'll announce the route at the meet, we'll end up in Solomons for a photo shoot then drive over the bridge to Lexington Park to help donate the toys to Toys for Tots. We need to be there by 3:15pm. It will be at the WalMart where we all will park over on the side and help transfer all the toys from the mini van to the Toys for Tots storage truck that will be waiting for us!!! This will be too cool.

8) VIDEO VIDEO!!! If anyone has a video camera please bring it to the meet and record all that you can then upload it to the forums for us to see later!!!!!!!

9) I will have my megaphone but the dealership said I could use the PA system at this meet which will be sweet.

10) Remember dress warm, gloves, hat, we'll be outside!!

11) I'll post a final update at the end of today. GEAR UP!!!!!!!!!

12) Click here to check latest weather!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/20678?begHour=7&begDay=349

WHOs COMING: Updated 12/12/07

1) MarylandSRT8
2) davey28
3) Mr. DODGE
4) soccerbachelor (and DAD?)
5) neonracer26
6) GLHS837
7) Gr8Srt8
9) Slow4Dr (Tentative)
10) Hemi~C~
11) Mase
12) TonyV
13) Immo
14) Strykker
15) DP03
16) Don's magnum
17) 2006TopBanana
18) roswald0511
19) Crazy Charger SRT-8
20) vonbonds
21) Motor18
22) PaCharger
23) LabyInBlack
24) markus
25) BMWDON
26) rickgonz
27) Strat
28) Ciscokid
29) TorRed #1179
30) 06 SILVER RT
31) biggz2544
32) HEMIDON
33) Shakin
34) Detroits Kin
35) Knightmare65
36) dc2brady
37) CplDaugherty
38) typicalmarine
39) swexlin
40) Scruffeone
41) MdSRT8
42) braben
43) Ghostface Mag
44) jay2g1 (Tentative)

UPDATE: 12/12/07

Waz zup!!!!! Man this weather has been funky I'm tellin ya....however it looks like the nasty stuff has moved in Sunday right now so fingers crossed we'll at least have dry clear roads for this Saturday.

The dealership called me yesterday with some updates. They are advertising our event on the local FM radio stations and I've heard it, too cool "Come see all the Charger R/Ts and SRT8s!!" with some good converation about Toys for Tots too, I'm excited!! Right now they have a brand new Caravan out front with Toys already loaded!!!

Also they have contacted the local Newspapers who WILL be on site snapping pictures of the event as well as COMCAST CABLEVISION will be on site shooting videos.....man this is too cool!!

To close they wanted me to let you guys know the will have a service tech in the shop....got in MOBIL 0W40 and a couple of cases of K/N filters for our cars.

Right now everything is a go....I'm watching the weather carefully.....

UPDATE: 12/10/07

Whats up everyone! Hope your gearing up for Saturday, I know I am!! I've got some updates for you. Here they are:

1) Calendars are in - check em out at the Meet and Greet, they are too cool and I tried to get as many of your cars as I could in the calendar...bring $25 cash with you and pick one up....they are high quality, you will like them. (Limited quanities)

2) The 2008 'Petty Blue' SRT8 did not make it however a limited edition 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 did and I bought it!! I plan on having it at the M&G so you can check it out!

3) Well I've been keeping my fingers crossed and it looks like the weather will be ok!! It changes by the hour... Here is a link you can use to keep tabs on the weather:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/20678?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

4) I have not heard from the 2 performance vendors I invited to the meet. Prince Frederick Dodge stepped up to the plate and will be selling Dodge Charger, SRT8 and other kinds of goodies at the meet, caps, coffee mugs and all kinds of stuff so check it out!!!!!!!!

5) Please remember in order to be in the meet (contest) we ask that you donate a new toy for the Toys for Tots cause. We will have a brand new van we will be putting the toys into and after the meet will be driving the toys down to the pick up point in Lexington Park near the military base.

6) The Best in Show car contest is on!!!! Prince Frederick Dodge will be providing the first and second place winners with Gift Certificates to OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE. First will be $100 and second $50!!! Polish em up!!!!!!!!!!

7) Please remember to enter into the 50/50 raffle that will benifit the Calvert County Sheriffs Depatment's Widows and Orphans Fund. Tickets are 1 for a buck and 6 for $5....be sure to enter!!

8) Food. I mean FOOD!!!!!!!!!

9) Remember we will be distributing the Contest Placards after you have parked your car. Please display your placard inside your windshield clearly visable. Each placard will have one voting ticket that the car owner can use to vote for thier favorite car.

10) I hope that the few old hemi Charger guys that I invited will be there, we'll see!!!

11) OK, here is the good part. The Toys for Tots contact person I am dealing with asked if we could deliver the toys to the Wal-Mart in Lexington park near the military base by 3:30pm. So, I have planned a cruise route we will do with a stop in Solomons Island then a final cruise to the Walmart to help hand off the toys. Prince Frederick Dodge will be driving the van to the WalMart to meet us at 3:30pm. It should be pretty cool as we all park and then help hand off the Toys!! It will be fun and for a good cause too!!!!!

12) Well, as usual I'll have a control table set up where the Calendars will be, Raffle tickets and other stuff.

13) Stay in touch with this thread in case the weather turns bad.............

UPDATE: 11/28/07

Hey everyone, sorry I've been out of pocket with a root canal...pain!.... Anyway everything is looking good so far with the meet and greet. I'll will post a full update tomorrow night on all aspects of the day for you to review.

Also I got the calendar done! Check out the photos in the thread I posted. I just don't know how many to order. Do you guys all want to buy one?

Thanks

UPDATE: 11/20/07

Gobble Gobble everyone!! How is it going? Well I've been busy pulling this Toys for Tots M&G together! I plan to post a good update this weekend after I wrap up a few more things.

A few items of interest. Prince Frederick Dodge has informed me they are getting one of the first 2008 'Petty Blue' SRT8 Super Bees on the East Coast sometime around 12/1. Hopefully it will be on display for the M&G if it doesn't sell before then, too cool!!

I'm working up deals with local hotels not only for this M&G but for 2008. (Discount Rates)

The dealer approved yesterday performance vendors could be on site to promote and sell, I hope I have time to get some in if not I guarantee next time.

Also today I placed the order for the new 2008 Charger Calendars, trust me they are sweet. I started with over 700 photo's from all of the events I held/attended in 2007. They will be $25 a piece and I can re-order if needed and also take care of custom requests if needed.

More to come.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Original 11/05/08 Post

Hey everyone how is it going? Boy this cool weather really wakes up our Chargers doesn't it? Well, I have an announcement:

I'd like to formally invite everyone to our first annual 'Toys for Tots' Meet and Greet being held at the former Ralph's Dodge which is now called Prince Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge. The M&G will be held Saturday December 15th, 2007 from 10:30am to 1:30am. All LX cars that join the M&G are asked to donate a NEW toy as an entry fee. Toys will be collected after you have parked your car and settled in.

I am so excited about this event. After the M&G we will have a road rally simular to our Solomon's Island run but this time we'll be spicing things up a little to include 'Poker Run' types of things to do so stayed tuned!!

I know this announcement does not give some of us enough time but I was asked to see if we could help with Toy's for Tots in this region. I also know it may be cold but hey we'll still have a good time. I am lining up some classic Mopar Muscle Cars from the 60's and 70's to be on display - Hemi's to say the least - so come on out!!!! Bring a toy - have some chow - you'll have fun!

The M&G from 10:30am to 1:30pm will include:

1) Best in Show Contest. Like before we will vote on everyone'c choice of the best in show LX. Placards will be givin out for each car and voting deadlines will be announced. Winner will recieve a $100 gift certificate to a fine restaurant (TBA) (I think Outbacks!)

2) FOOD!!!!!!!! and I mean FOOOOODDDDD!!! Again, like before, the dealership will be providing us with free burgers/dogs and more - bring an appetite!!

3) I am lining up some Performance Shop Sponsers to join us this time, more to come here.

4) There will be a 50/50 Raffle, same as before, donated to the Calvert County Sheriff Department's Widows and Orphans Fund. Please donate!!!!!

5) Limited numbers of M&G Charger 2008 Calendars will be available for purchase, let me know if your interested here so I can make sure your cars picture is in the calendar.

I pulled this event together quite quickly so I may not be able to get as many folks togther as before but this one is for a very good reason, "Toys for Tots!!!!'. I have already contacted them and they are so excited!!!

I am working on the details of the Rally afterwards. Depending on how many folks show interest will guide me on the layout.

I know its in December - it may be super cold too but come on and bring that Charger out!!!!!!

The Dealership will be advertising this event too so there will be a new mix compared to our more privite events in the past. Stay tuned, more to come!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Looks like this will be the first of your events I am going to miss Steve. :( Holiday activites consume me in December every year. I hope you all have a great time and take lots of pics. I highly recommend you guys participate as these events are always super awesome! You won't regrat it a bit. Have fun! :)

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Steve,
The 15th sounds like a good time and a good cause. I'm going to try to make it. The colder, the better! But if there's snow, the Charger doesn't play.
See ya then,
Ronnie

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ToRRed Color WILL be represented!!

A Flyer, Steve??
Not just yet....I'm working with Toy's for Tots right now on a few items as well as now we have a Bank that wants to sponser us so hang tight a bit as I tighten up some things...........

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I might actually be able to make it, but with all that cold weather, will there be space heaters for your neighbors from the south, lol. I am off work from the 13th to the 28th so in that free time, what better to do, ride up see some Chargers and see the fam up in Laurel.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I'll also see if my father in law wants to stop by (from Laurel) with his Crossfire.

PS Mr. Dodge he told me to look out for you on here, one of your comrades from crossfireforum.org

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the video camera on the battery charger as we speak!!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Steve, send me your celll, and let me know when to call tonite. And did you get that dipstick yet? I"m heading into a conference call, so I might not answer right away.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Man I'm scheduled to work. I'm going to try and make some switchs and be there if I can!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great effort man. Count me in....if you don't mind a little 300C flavor added to the group. I have been really wanting to make it to one of these M&Gs but there always seems to be something in the way.

I look forward to hanging out.

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Count me INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I won't be able to make it up to the M&G, but I did post the event info in the Calendar of Events on my website.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
I am going to try and make it...

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I'll come if I dont have to work ... havent gotten that far yet. sounds like another great effort Steve. I will post if I can or cant once work tells me.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Steve,
The 15th sounds like a good time and a good cause. I'm going to try to make it. The colder, the better! But if there's snow, the Charger doesn't play.
See ya then,
Ronnie
Dave!!!...cool runnin into ya at Autozone....see ya 12/15!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts