Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
South FL 3.5 swap for 392ci Hemi ful job including labor&cost of performance upgrades

Im swapping my 3.5 for a Hemi 392ci crate engine and of course I know i also need to upgrade everything from shocks to tranny, i live in the south FL area and would like an estimate from someone who is reliable and can pull this off with ease.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly, I believe you're referring to our 392 Crate Hemi motor we've recently released?

If so, I regret to inform you it is not applicable to the LX chassis at this time. The engine and everything will bolt in without a problem, but communiation is key, as you already mentioned. The crate EFI motor comes equipped with our wiring harness and programable EMS intended for use in street rods or muscle car retro-fits. It will not control the transmission, or any other powered parts of the car, including even interior controls and such.

The bellhousing pattern is the traditional small block Mopar, so even a 727 or 833 would go up to it with no problems if you so desired.

This is the first time I have seen this brought up on here. Are there others that are interested in this option? It's retailing on Mopar Supercenter in fuel injected form right now (525 HP, 510 TQ) for $15,969.45. I think that's more than competetive to the current stroker offerings out there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd like to see this done. And I'm in Miami. Are you sure the car can handle that much though? Aren't our rear ends different and all that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Let's put it this way... The 3.5 and all its surroundings (drive train, tranny, rear end, brakes, suspension, etc) were developed for the 3.5/2.7 platform. When you talk about doing a swap to say a stroker or 5.7 you have to take into account all the parts that don't come with just swapping the engine. It can be a very expensive adventure and not to mention leaves you Chargerless for a good deal of time. Just my opinion here but it seems more cost effective to trade up and mod out to get the results you want. Power Ported Performance has a LOT of performance parts for the 5.7/6.1 including a 426 stroker kit. Seems like a better route vs a swap.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Let's put it this way... The 3.5 and all its surroundings (drive train, tranny, rear end, brakes, suspension, etc) were developed for the 3.5/2.7 platform. When you talk about doing a swap to say a stroker or 5.7 you have to take into account all the parts that don't come with just swapping the engine. It can be a very expensive adventure and not to mention leaves you Chargerless for a good deal of time. Just my opinion here but it seems more cost effective to trade up and mod out to get the results you want. Power Ported Performance has a LOT of performance parts for the 5.7/6.1 including a 426 stroker kit. Seems like a better route vs a swap.
the 5.7 swap has been done a couple of times for not that much money approx 6500$ just rember prior to the swap you can add heads , cam or whatever if you want more power and it saves time putting the stuff on before putting it in the car.. The 426 sawp would be great for those who want max performance, money not being an object. but for the everyday person who wants hemi power for less than 8 grand the 5.7 is a good upgrade. IMHO :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
the 5.7 swap has been done a couple of times for not that much money approx 6500$ just rember prior to the swap you can add heads , cam or whatever if you want more power and it saves time putting the stuff on before putting it in the car.. The 426 sawp would be great for those who want max performance, money not being an object. but for the everyday person who wants hemi power for less than 8 grand the 5.7 is a good upgrade. IMHO :)
See... $6500 just seems like a lot, cause I could go into a car dealership and trade off my SXT and get into an R/T for A LOT less then that! I guess not everyone is in the same boat as me but also you have to factor in some other things. Your going to void your warranty unless its expired, also you don't get the other perks of owning an R/T and again making a swap is a LOT of work! So you better have an extra car and hope whoever is doing the swap knows what they are doing! Although I do agree with you that if you were doing the swap you could take advantage of having the engine outside the vehicle to mod, making it much easier!

·
Registered
391 Posts
yea i think clevland pick a part was the company.. i contacted them and they told me a complete swap with a trade in on my engine would be 7500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts