Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. Just got my first charger, a 2016 r/t 5.7.... Its so quiet I wasn't even sure if it was running still while I was putzing around my driveway. Honestly i'm a mustang guyat heart but needed something 4 doors for the kids.

So how can I get some sound out of it without breaking the bank, and staying emissions legal? I'd really like to just swap mufflers if possible. Really like a deep tone not like a lot of the raspy sounding ones I hear around town.

I read about some mid muffler delete kits? Would that cause a code?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with the Khaos Mid-Muffler delete kit (ordered off Amazon for ~$100, installed myself) and it really improved the sound of my 5.7 Hemi compared to stock without making my car stupid loud; it provides a real nice aggressive tone, not crackly or shitty sounding by any means... although I actually do plan on eventually going with the Khaos Resonator-delete kit as well (straight pipe behind the cats) to let my Hemi breath a bit more.

No codes have been caused from the Mid-Muffler delete kit, I also have on a cold-air intake (no codes) so you should be good to go.

I'd recommend the mid-muffler delete first, it would definitely make you happy without breaking your budget.
Then from there you can decide how much more volume/tone you'd like and make additional adjustments.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Khaos Mid-Muffler delete kit (ordered off Amazon for ~$100, installed myself) and it really improved the sound of my 5.7 Hemi compared to stock without making my car stupid loud; it provides a real nice aggressive tone, not crackly or shitty sounding by any means... although I actually do plan on eventually going with the Khaos Resonator-delete kit as well (straight pipe behind the cats) to let my Hemi breath a bit more.

No codes have been caused from the Mid-Muffler delete kit, I also have on a cold-air intake (no codes) so you should be good to go.

I'd recommend the mid-muffler delete first, it would definitely make you happy without breaking your budget.
Then from there you can decide how much more volume/tone you'd like and make additional adjustments.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
awesome thanks for the feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts