Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey... is there anything I can do to make the interior of the car quieter? I like the sound of my new exhaust but Iwish I could install something to insulate the cabin a bit more to make it a bit quiter inside...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dynamat has a great product...that is what i will be using. they have specific kits for the trunk...i think most of the sound is "leaking" from that point....it is pretty much nothing but metal back there. i am also taking off all of the plastic around the wheel wells and then using a spray sound damper on the back side to give a little help to the wheel area but not make it unsightly. not sure if i am going to go so far as to do the doors and floor boards... i will wait and see if those fix most of the noise and then continue on from there..... this stuff is not the cheapest but it works great based on alot of friends rides

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GoDaddy - - will undercoating work to dampen the sound? that should be realatively cheap to do I would think...

by the way - - good luck with Katrina...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
not sure littlejohnny - with the car at stock height the exhaust note from the 125s didn't bother me.... with the car as low as it is now i want to take away some of the road noise i caused by lowering the car and take away the extra exhaust note that went with lowering the car...it just sounds louder to me.....my wife - doesn't notice the change at all and loves the way the car sounds and looks.

it may help just not sure - you will be in unchartered terrority. if you can wait a few weeks i will tell you how the dynamat install turns out ( yeah alot more expensive route)....i am going to san anton this week for medical reasons so i will not do the install for another week or two.

katrina?! - i say bring it on, but then i am in southwest louisiana about 30 minutes off the texas border so we might be alright....new orleans though - she may be going for a serious swim!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
there's so much better stuff out there other than dynamat and is MUCH MUCH cheaper. go onto ebay and look up sound deadening. check out ram mat and other stuff. hell. you can go to home depot and by some stuff that works just as good as dynamat but will cost a ton less

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey jamie what type of material can you use from home depot....you got me listening!!!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You guys are scaring me from the exhaust mod. I don't want to pay $1000 to make my car louder and then pay more to make it quieter.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NECharger... it's a compromise, ya know? The car is really really quiet... after doing the MOD it felt like it was tons louder but in reality it's OK.... if I can figure out how to keep the cabin quieter, I may go louder yet on the exhaust... and it's really nto that loud to begin with!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i am only doing it for me....when i dropped it to the damn ground (basically) "I" feel a need for some sound dampening.....my wife and kids don't feel the need - they think it rides great and sounds great (honestly)....i am not doing this b/c of a drone issue - it is to cancel the "loudness" of the exhaust and some road noise i picked up by putting this thing on the ground. i love the look of the drop but the noise is annoying to me - i got way to use to the "luxury" feel, should have dropped it the day i got it. but in my honest opinion if you want the hemi to sound like a hemi - you must upgrade the exhaust. and i am with littlejohn - i wanted it to sound loud. at stock height it was perfect. 2 - 2 1/2 inches shorter it got louder. my two cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts