Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was teaching my car how to idle again, I pulled out the camera and took a video for you guys. Enjoy!:grin:

Sidewinder with slp

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That sounds phenomenal! What are the exact specs on your cam if you don't mind me askin.... I keep seeing like stage 1, 2, and 3 versions of it, what do you ahve? Also, what does a cam install run on the cars? Do you really notice the rough idle shake that the new cam is supposed to give? Last, what other things do you have to do to the car to get the cam to work (i.e. computer tuning, etc....?). Thanks in advance!

-Pat

·
Registered
377 Posts
That sounds awesome...great mod, great sound. Have fun tearin up the road.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That sounds phenomenal! What are the exact specs on your cam if you don't mind me askin.... I keep seeing like stage 1, 2, and 3 versions of it, what do you ahve? Also, what does a cam install run on the cars? Do you really notice the rough idle shake that the new cam is supposed to give? Last, what other things do you have to do to the car to get the cam to work (i.e. computer tuning, etc....?). Thanks in advance!

-Pat
X's 2

·
Registered
453 Posts
The 'ol lamp shade air intake trick ;)

Sounds unreal! Good job!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
That sounds amazing. I didn't know modern chargers could sound like that!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hate the sound of the engine! Sounds like a sowing machine. I even installed the SRT8 pushrods and sound didn't change.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nice, only thing that missing is a clip of how it sounds under WOT.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

-Pat

I can't remember the exact specifications, check out the sidewinder on 402motoring.com.

The cam, springs, install kit & head gaskets + installation cost me in the end about $1,600.

The idle is noticeably different and I can notice the car shaking a little more than normal.

The reason the sidewinder is such a good cam, is it requires no tuning. Although, before I taught my car how to idle I had my car die a few times because the RPM got too low. But after I let it idle in Park, neutral and drive for 15 min, it hasn't died yet.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice..so why didnt you have someone rev it up for us.. geez
I'll make some more videos later. I was just outside letting my car learn to idle.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice, only thing that missing is a clip of how it sounds under WOT.
I want to be easy on the cam for a week before I go WOT. I am going to the track next Friday and if I can get someone to record me, I'll have some videos of me at WOT then.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
you just don't let them go toward the front of the car to hear how bad azz the engine is, keep them toward the back......:grin:

The exhaust sounds great.... you even have that infamous HEMI tick!!! Hate that.

·
Registered
898 Posts

-Pat
there is only one sidewinder cam, there are not any versions of it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
the cam if you were rating it...as stage 1,2,3 or so on that would be the stage one from frank racing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts