Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help on this one!! i've tried searching but i can only seem to come up with gold spoke rims!

the color scheme/concept i'm trying to do with my black r/t invovles gold and i'm trying to find out if you guys know any maufacturers that sell rims with gold plated lips or is this something i'm going to have to have customily made??

·
Registered
119 Posts
i need help on this one!! i've tried searching but i can only seem to come up with gold spoke rims!

the color scheme/concept i'm trying to do with my black r/t invovles gold and i'm trying to find out if you guys know any maufacturers that sell rims with gold plated lips or is this something i'm going to have to have customily made??
That's funny you ask :tongue: When I was at a local "Ghetto Style" shop, they had some gold and chrome wheels in 20" and 22" size's. I thought just for a moment that they might look nice on my black SE.... the I shook that thought. I guess you can take "homie" out the hood, but you can't take the hood out of "homie" :eek:
So to answer your question, yes they are made, but sorry it didn't get the brand names of any of them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummmm..ok!! not tryin to open up a can of rowdy worms, but out of curiousity, whats a "ghetto style" shop??

i was lookin at "under the tables" rims (LLC by MHT i believe) and said to myself.....you know what self, those rims would look even better if everything that was chrome was gold plated since thats the color scheme i'm going for on my car!! my only problem is currently i am in iraq and can't visit a rim shop at this time, however, i have found a place that will gold plate a whole rim for $150. so i figure either have the whole rim gold plated and then have a paint shop color match the spokes in some kind of way or contact this gold plating company and see how much less just getting the lip gold plated would be!!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Lexani makes a all gold rim called the VP

Gold on a charger is deff not a good look IMO, this coming from someone who has had many gold spoke rims through my life

·
Registered
846 Posts
Asanti and Forgiato make gold plated wheels...
Checkout the gallery section on Forgiato.com
but asanti can make go as custom as you like...

But im sure it will cost an arm and a leg...

·
Registered
119 Posts
ummmm..ok!! not tryin to open up a can of rowdy worms, but out of curiousity, whats a "ghetto style" shop??
Not trying to be an ass, but if you have to ask, then.... well I will explain. It is a shop where you can go down, pay cash, cause that is all you would trust them with..... definately not the type of place you would want to hand your credit card over to. They probably have a lot of product that "fell off the truck", yet they have are a licensed store front and have enough legitimate products to keep the law away. You don't pay tax, and they are more than happy to take your wheels in on trade because they will find a buyer. One of those places where you can buy a $3000 set of wheels for about $1200 which would include mounting and balancing. Is that enough of a description. And you may even see the character below purchasing his wheels and tire's there..... oh yea, that would be me :) no rowdy worms here.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
One of those places where you can buy a $3000 set of wheels for about $1200 which would include mounting and balancing. Is that enough of a description. And you may even see the character below purchasing his wheels and tire's there..... oh yea, that would be me :) no rowdy worms here.
lmao......ill be right behind ya in line to get mine!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not trying to be an ass, but if you have to ask, then.... well I will explain. It is a shop where you can go down, pay cash, cause that is all you would trust them with..... definately not the type of place you would want to hand your credit card over to. They probably have a lot of product that "fell off the truck", yet they have are a licensed store front and have enough legitimate products to keep the law away. You don't pay tax, and they are more than happy to take your wheels in on trade because they will find a buyer. One of those places where you can buy a $3000 set of wheels for about $1200 which would include mounting and balancing. Is that enough of a description. And you may even see the character below purchasing his wheels and tire's there..... oh yea, that would be me :) no rowdy worms here.

lol....and THAT makes it a "ghetto style" store....man thats almost every business in America...nothing new....just a business "cutting corners"!! now if it would have been out of someones garage....then maybe...but they're just cutting out the middle man!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gold face w/ polished lip...

this style wont fit the charger well though...

nope nope nope....not looking for a gold face rim with a polished lip!! I just want a rim similar to the style of the LLC by MHT with a gold LIP...the rest of the rim would color match the car!!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
HEHE-MY DOG HAS THAT SAME LOOK WHEN HE'S LOOKING TO BE FED!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts