Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my lights tinted 35% .... I welcome your comments... :happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that looks amazing, but y haven't u tinted the windows?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The tail lights look cool, especially with the black paint job. But I'm with GoDaddy, where's the tint on the windows?? Here in Phoenix, no tint means you burn your *** on the seats when you get inside.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it in next Monday to be wet sanded (get rid of the orange peel) buffed, clear acrylic coating, window tinting and front headlight tinting.... aka Nightrider :happy:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks Cool... But I'm With Godaddy... Tint On The Windows Would Finish It Off... And The 3rd Brake Light Would Disappear In The Tail....otherwise Looks Real Good...how Much Did It Set U Back????

·
Supporting Vendor (bronze)
881 Posts
For those PHX folks, we will have the smoked tail light kit ready this week. We will also be doing the headlights. Look for pics

·
Registered
441 Posts
wow, that looks really sweet, please post more pics once you get it all tinted!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
RockBlocker said:
For those PHX folks, we will have the smoked tail light kit ready this week. We will also be doing the headlights. Look for pics

hey Chad, will you have the tail-light kit ready for thursday morning when I come by? :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
damn, i guess im the only one thats gonna poo-poo it.

i like the smoked tail lights. not a fan of the tinted. but, i do think it'd probably look good on a lighter car. i dunno, i saw a black charger the other day and the bright red taillights contrasted the car perfectly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The two taillight assemblies in the rear along with the front headlight/parking pcs cost me $75... I have the third brake light being done as well as the window tint, orange peel removal etc next Monday. I will post more pics right away. I think this really adds to the special look of the Charger. I found a custom body shop that has really taken an interest in the Charger. If you noticed they also put the Hemi emblem just above the R/T emblem on the rear trunk, the R/T badge on the front grill (which you can't see yet) and they are bent on customizing under the hood as well. (Engine cover etc).

I am cool with all of this, but don't want to deviate too far from the stock look. The SRT8 hood will be a great addition. Suggestions anyone?????

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man i would have them do the engine cover for sure....with the mopar cai and the painted cover...wow. i want to park the car, open the hood and then walk into walmart! i am seriously considering showing the car....my wife is really trying to convince me. you will love the added color and look.....what i am doing is going with blue for my accessory colors (i.e. engine cover, the plastic pieces where the hood latch is at, my brake calipers, any decals i add to the car (right now the forum decal and then i am adding something to the back window also-maybe front-but more than likely back)...just figure out which color you want to go with and sort of go crazy....my opinion

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GoDaddy said:
man i would have them do the engine cover for sure....with the mopar cai and the painted cover...wow. i want to park the car, open the hood and then walk into walmart! i am seriously considering showing the car....my wife is really trying to convince me. you will love the added color and look.....what i am doing is going with blue for my accessory colors (i.e. engine cover, the plastic pieces where the hood latch is at, my brake calipers, any decals i add to the car (right now the forum decal and then i am adding something to the back window also-maybe front-but more than likely back)...just figure out which color you want to go with and sort of go crazy....my opinion
I'll send everyone pics of the new look real soon.... :happy:

·
Registered
57 Posts
your car looks great! my question is, are there any legal issues that I might have to concern myself with if I do that? I'm from San Diego California.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Awesome said:
The two taillight assemblies in the rear along with the front headlight/parking pcs cost me $75... I have the third brake light being done as well as the window tint, orange peel removal etc next Monday. I will post more pics right away. I think this really adds to the special look of the Charger. I found a custom body shop that has really taken an interest in the Charger. If you noticed they also put the Hemi emblem just above the R/T emblem on the rear trunk, the R/T badge on the front grill (which you can't see yet) and they are bent on customizing under the hood as well. (Engine cover etc).

I am cool with all of this, but don't want to deviate too far from the stock look. The SRT8 hood will be a great addition. Suggestions anyone?????
I like the look so far. Those look like OEM tires, did you buy new wheels and stay with the 18 inchers?? I was wondering what that would look like as opposed to the 20's. I know the 20's look good, but wasn't too sure about staying with 18's. I think that look good as well and it would be a budget saver.

Tom.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bad_24_7 said:
your car looks great! my question is, are there any legal issues that I might have to concern myself with if I do that? I'm from San Diego California.
Not in the New England area 35% tint is the max....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts