Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the front wheel to the middle of the back door. Most is lightly scratched, but one small area is down to gray. My car is metallic blue.
Can this be buffed out with some kind of chemical, wax, or something?

I save up to buy something nice, and some idiot does this to me.
Can I get some suggestions on what I can do on correcting this please.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Try some scratch x wax first and if that doesnt work im sure you can find a body shop to fix it up, i just had a nasty scratch on my car from a metal bike handlebar fixed and it looks good as new

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
take it to a pro detailer and see if they can wet sand it out and buff it. alot of them can touch in deep marks with a brush and them sand and buff it smooth

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
claim ins and get a whole new paint job.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Sucks man, and I feel ya, my car was HIT while park in FRONT of my house yesterday and the bastard just left no note, nothing.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
from the front wheel to the middle of the back door. Most is lightly scratched, but one small area is down to gray. My car is metallic blue.
Can this be buffed out with some kind of chemical, wax, or something?

I save up to buy something nice, and some idiot does this to me.
Can I get some suggestions on what I can do on correcting this please.
Sorry to hear that. If you don't want to go the insurance route, find a detailing shop you trust and they can likely get 95% out with a good polish and some touchup paint where it marred the paint. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bastards!!!

Good luck,all above are good suggestions.

Rex

·
Registered
77 Posts
GS35 I think it was called used to work wonders for surface scratches.

·
Registered
389 Posts
ba$tards. if they are forund.........off with their head.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it is down to the primer, you cannot buff it out. You are gonna have to have it painted. only scratches on the clear can be buffed out

·
Registered
425 Posts
What a tragic event. I cannot stand the thought of people that key cars. I mean, what is the point. What triggers the brain to want to do something as stupid as that..

Good luck on the repair. Send pics when you can.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry to hear that but remember what goes around comes around... so they will get theirs sooner or later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
:frown5: man thats one of my worst fears

1 - 18 of 18 Posts