Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys Ive read alot about taking the side molding off, but yet i still have some questions:

Will the paint underneath standout more than the rest off the car since it has been covered, and no sunlight has been on it?

Also I hear about taking it off in the heat, but I dont think it will get hot enough here anymore...how hard is it to take it off in the cold?

Anything will help, thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
On my black car, I didnt notice a difference in color.

I did mine in the sun over the summer, and they came right off.

Last winter I did a 300c and it was a ****ing *****.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Try a heat gun. It probably won't leave a mark, our cars aren't really old enough to make that big of a difference in color.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im having the dealer do mine. Thats just because the paint on mine is starting to come off. It looks terrible. Every last one of them have this black looking junk on it. Wax will not take it off so, Im letting the dealer handle it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
do you know how much your dealer is charging?
I dont know because this is being done under warranty because of the paint issue. I can find out though, but it will be friday before I go to the dealer to get the work done. I heard its pretty simple to do yourself. I was going to do it until this paint issue arose.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I did mine on a cold day, used some fishing line to get it started, then used my strong finger muscles to peel them off, once I got it started it was super easy. I only had glue where I was first trying peel it with the fishing line. Next i used goo gone to remove it, then quickly used my special car soap to clean off the goo gone and then used water to rinse it off. Then I just waxed the car a few times in that area and it was perfect.

P.S That's and old pic in my sig, I should go change it right now lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sweet Guys...thanx For This Info..wil Try This Weekend...i Promise To Post Pics!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used a hair dryer to warm up the tape. Once I got the edge I just worked it and gave a steady force with the hair dryer pointing at the tape to warm it and help it loose. It took maybe 15 minutes in the cold to get them all off. Not much left over glue.

I used WD40 to get it off. The same stuff I used on my bikes to take off their decals.

There was a slight color difference on my blue for about a day or two. I washed, waxed, and it was gone in a few days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts