Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some Eibach springs a few weeks back and finally got around to taking some pics.

It was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be. Not too terribly difficult, but a huge pain in the a$$. If you can install brake pads, you can do the springs. Probably 100x easier with a lift. I was limited to jacks and jack stands with standard hand tools.

Anyways the drop was better than I expected. The car must have come down a little more than 2". Almost looks slammed. Handles great and zero issues so far. I will probably be upgrading my shocks and struts over the summer. Favorite mod right now.

Rear -
Front -

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Very nice. Do you have any before pics? How does it right now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
looks sweet. I did that last summer with a buddy in his yard with jacks and jack stands, not overly hard but still a pain. makes the car look real nice. let me know if you get new shock and what if any difference that makes..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I went from street edge coilovers to the eibach pro kit, and it made a HUGE difference. Get the eibach shocks. The ride will be much better.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
hows the ride height differnce from between the two? were you able to go lower with street edge?
Yes, you could go lower with the street edge, but the dampers they supply aren't up to the task. I replaced fronts and rears within 10k miles, and after another 7k they were shot again. Suspension source stood behind their stuff and replaced em for me at no charge, but they weren't going to send me new sets every 10k for free, so I had no choice but to swap em out. And the ride itself, while much better than stock, was nowhere near the ride I have now on the eibachs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, you could go lower with the street edge, but the dampers they supply aren't up to the task. I replaced fronts and rears within 10k miles, and after another 7k they were shot again. Suspension source stood behind their stuff and replaced em for me at no charge, but they weren't going to send me new sets every 10k for free, so I had no choice but to swap em out. And the ride itself, while much better than stock, was nowhere near the ride I have now on the eibachs.
Ahhh i hear ya. Damn I'm torn because I really want more drop then that. We're the street edge able to perform good as far as function or mainly just for good looks? Might jus have to save till I can afford some bc or kw's fml ... KCCO!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ahhh i hear ya. Damn I'm torn because I really want more drop then that. We're the street edge able to perform good as far as function or mainly just for good looks? Might jus have to save till I can afford some bc or kw's fml ... KCCO!
ain't worth it dude. just wait till you have the $$ saved up. in this case you'll def get what you paid for, or didn't pay for if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ain't worth it dude. just wait till you have the $$ saved up. in this case you'll def get what you paid for, or didn't pay for if you know what I mean.
well that changes my mind. thanks for the heads up...you dream crusher you... lol

your car still looks clean the way it sits, but i wanted to slaaaam it with a good stance. oh well time to save

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
thanks. just gotts get some wheel spacers on there and im done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed some Eibach springs a few weeks back and finally got around to taking some pics.

It was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be. Not too terribly difficult, but a huge pain in the a$$. If you can install brake pads, you can do the springs. Probably 100x easier with a lift. I was limited to jacks and jack stands with standard hand tools.

Anyways the drop was better than I expected. The car must have come down a little more than 2". Almost looks slammed. Handles great and zero issues so far. I will probably be upgrading my shocks and struts over the summer. Favorite mod right now.

Rear -
Front -

Did u trim ur bump stop? How much?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eibach Springs

Just got the Eibach Pro Kit springs installed....

Springs.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was thinking of Sportlines but the drop on yours looks pretty good for what I am looking for.. Did you just swap springs? Looks like a Sportline drop?
Pretty sure it's the Prokit springs. They're not red. It's says Eibach Z/Q on them...whatever that is. Custom shop installed them. Swapped out the stock springs.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Looks nice!! I cant believe how much lower your car is in the rear compared to mine. Mined dropped but not as low as yours, same drop in the front like yours but like you said the ride is great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty sure it's the Prokit springs. They're not red. It's says Eibach Z/Q on them...whatever that is. Custom shop installed them. Swapped out the stock springs.
Well now you have me thinking... I had a 1990 5.0 coupe with Sportlines and loved the look but as a daily driver might be a little to rough on the bumps so hopefully I can get a few more pics on the different drops....

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love my Eibach Pro Kit!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts