Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the other day I was driving down the back roads to my house when I passed a pick up truck. Something white and liquidy flew out of his truck and splattered on my windshield and on the hood of my car (which is black). First thing I did was check to make sure it wasn't paint.

I took it right to the car wash and soaped it down. The stuff came off just fine but after the car dried you could see an outline of where it had been similar to a grease mark left behind but it doesn't feel greasy. Anyone know what I can do to get rid of this?
Also is there a good wax or other product I should be treating the paint job with regularly to prevent future mishaps?

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I would try taking a cleaner wax and clay bar to it, if it was something aggressive it may have etched the paint

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Sounds like you need to re-wax the area.

I almost copied your post and highlighted a couple things to make a funny but I held back................................................

Yes there is a first time for everything!!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i would try using a small amount of rubbing alcohol on an out of the way area, rub with a soft cotton material and then wax the area afterwards. that should remove the haze and then retreat your paint.

try it on a small area at first.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sounds like you need to re-wax the area.

I almost copied your post and highlighted a couple things to make a funny but I held back................................................

Yes there is a first time for everything!!

I almost did the same thing! LOL great minds think alike

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
I also decided not to go there, but I did have a vision of the first time Clarise is walking down that tunnel to go meet Hanibal Lecter for the first time....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ok so the other day I was driving down the back roads to my house when I passed a pick up truck. Something white and liquidy flew out of his truck and splattered on my windshield and on the hood of my car (which is black). First thing I did was check to make sure it wasn't paint.

I took it right to the car wash and soaped it down. The stuff came off just fine but after the car dried you could see an outline of where it had been similar to a grease mark left behind but it doesn't feel greasy. Anyone know what I can do to get rid of this?
Also is there a good wax or other product I should be treating the paint job with regularly to prevent future mishaps?

Thanks everyone.
Man If I would have said that ya'll would have let me have it!!!!! LMFAO

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok ok, haha funny guys :p. I guess my wording wasn't the best when asking a large group of mostly men for help lol. And I see it's made most of you miss the point of my problem. Any good wax brand I should be using? I don't have a large car wax knowledge. I'm starting to find the black car marks up much easier than the red one I had last.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I would wash, then take the clay bar to it. It couldn't hurt to try anyway. Good luck.

-Lynne

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Turtle Wax Liquid clay bar and Mequire's Gold Class should do the job. Let us know.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Definately clay bar...it takes almost anything out of the paint! Follow it up with a really good wax. I think you'll be really happy with the results

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, thanks a ton! I went by the store today but was limited on cash since the fiance had the bank card so I grabbed some Turtle Wax carwash. Gonna give it a try and if it doesn't work I will definitely go back for the clay bar. Also grabbed some wax for after I get that pesky mark off. Tomorrow or the next day if the weather's good I will get on it and let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Turtle Wax ain't gonna do it, although I have used the Liquid Clay Bar stuff from them with some limited results. I'd say a real clay bar, good rinsing, wipe down with rubbing alcohol and finish with a good polish should help. I've really renewed my love of NuFinish and it's really tranformed my ride into lookikng very, very good.

And the rest of you guys are pigs, just pigs!!! (But I was thinking the same thing too!!!!!) And CC22, you are absolutely right.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Turtle Wax ain't gonna do it, although I have used the Liquid Clay Bar stuff from them with some limited results. I'd say a real clay bar, good rinsing, wipe down with rubbing alcohol and finish with a good polish should help. I've really renewed my love of NuFinish and it's really tranformed my ride into lookikng very, very good.

And the rest of you guys are pigs, just pigs!!! (But I was thinking the same thing too!!!!!) And CC22, you are absolutely right.
I'm always right, ask tbydaytona40

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Turtle Wax Liquid clay bar and Mequire's Gold Class should do the job. Let us know.
There ya go!! Use Mr Clean's autodry system to wash it with - that stuff is the shizzle. Just even for the soap alone, not mentioning the autodry capability.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
any idea what that stuff was?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts