Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so i go to this classic car show, and was real impressed (Saw a 70' Dodge Challenger with a 383) And then we came across this brand new, hot off the showroom floor Charger R/T. it was midnight blue. Very nice.

so, i was talking to the owner, y'know, "Very nice car sir" talking motor sizes and all. Then he decides to start the car and rev it, to get attention. His wife, being the real ***** that she was, decides to push a couple people aside roughly, who were looking at the interior, opens the door, and turns the car off. I heard her mumble, "get away from the car" then the guy was all " get away from the car. I dont want scratches" then i said, "thats a pretty sweet charger you got there". then he said:

"yeah, whatever"

Then i retorted "boy , you sure know how to show off your money, why dont you take that thing back home and whatch it like a hawk like you want. and take your ***** of a wife who is paranoid about it with you" :mad: then i walked away.

the car had temp. tags. I heard him say, "I just got it yesterday"

Anyway, I had to vent.

thanks for letting me!

John

PS. That charger had a mean exhaust for stock, though :rockon:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Some car owners can be real assholes!

Don't worry about it cause this jerk obviously thinks his cars a Bentley or something to be giving people the cold shoulder. If he didn't want people looking at it then why rev the engine? Why show off? Forget man, don't get worked up over some idiot who's prob having issues with his wifey.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts

[

Anyway, I had to vent.

thanks for letting me!

John

PS. That charger had a mean exhaust for stock, though :rockon:[/QUOTE]
That guy is just pissed because his wife's member is bigger than his. Period! Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

How many people bring a brand spanking new car to a CLASSIC car show? I never stumbled across any. until last night.

besides, this kid called her a *****, and she didnt even hear it :clap:

John

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Venting is a good, healthy venue when stuff like your post mentioned. Everyone that has looked at my car, asked me questions about it, etc..I have always been nice to them just like I would want them to be should the tables be turned and I was asking the questions and looking at the car. It is a shame that guy didn't have more control over his 'worse half' like mmaloy mentioned above. Crap like that just sorta knocks the wind right out of your fun and excitement. :cry: :rockon: VENT AWAY!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

He noticed he needed some attention, so he decided to start it and rev it. It got the attention for a short time. Then the ***** killed the fun, and everybody dissipated.

John

Maybe i should bring my neon and give him some competition :)

·
Registered
79 Posts

What a jerk... I would have made some loud remarks as I left.. Making sure both he and his wifey heard me.

We had got an H2 the first week they were relased, and I can tell you people were always looking at it. Everytime I parked I had someone asking about it and wanting to look at it. I had no problems letting people look at it, even let a couple sit in it. Only thing that ever got to me was the ones that had to stick there face to the windows and leave oily marks on them. (I started carrying a pack of windex whipes in the center console because it was so bad).

But to bring a car to a car show then cop an attitude is plain wrong. How hard is it to ask nicely not to touch or put a sign on the car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I noticed him driving around the general area where the car show was held.....he pulled into a stall, then drove away from the stall, them moved to the stall where i saw him, i guess he thought that first stall did'nt get him noticed, so he moved to another one.

Two military guys asked him, "whats the displacement" "what the motor has in it"

The owner had no idea.

Thats what i call showing off your money.

and his son was there....he did NOTHING to curb his dads or moms attitude.

John

·
Registered
4,944 Posts

Two military guys asked him, "whats the displacement" "what the motor has in it"
The owner had no idea.
Thats what i call showing off your money.
and his son was there....he did NOTHING to curb his dads or moms attitude.

John[/QUOTE]
I don't know John, maybe "he" thought he was showing his money, but the reality is he was just showing his ignorance, arrogance, and what a monumental wuss he was. Don't sweat it my friend, most car show folk's are way cool. :) Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would be more then happy to show my car off. I just got my SRT Magnum and i'm more then happy to show it to people who approach me. Everytime I pull into a gas station or a parking lot I have people walking up to me asking me questions. And I'm actually flattered that people actually stop and ask me about my Dodge when you have other high end cars parked in the lot! car is just a car and whats the fun when you can't share with other car buff's. I can't wait until I get the Charger SRT-8 cause i'm sure i'll be getting followed home or getting stalked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts