Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, friends, I love this forum, but I no longer own a Scat.

Main reason? Yesterday, I took my Father in Law to look at a Wrangler, 4Runner, and a Tacoma.

I had NO IDEA how nice new Wranglers are.

I then looked at what CarMax is selling 21 Scat for ($54K).

I made $6K off my "total price" when I bought my Scat on 31DEC as a trade-in.

I bought a new 22 Gladiator Overlander today. Got $4K off MSRP on the Gladiator, plus a free soft top.

Main reasons... I got my 1991 MGM running good (dogs). I did not need two cars.

I wanted to buy an old Bronco, but now I have something more capable.

I now have a pick-up, too, so I can sell my 150.

I am still here, all, but I could not pass up the deal.

I do think Gladiators are selling so poorly, FCA might yank them from the market, then in five years, they will be collectibles.

PS

Treasure your Scats. Dealer already has a buyer.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,908 Posts
Why not while the Iron is hot. Hopefully you will be happier with 6k than owning a Scat. I get it man, I thought about it a few times.

I came out of a R/T Durango and got into the Scat. I lost a lot of flexibility for speed. I often think about trading the Scat in on another Durango.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Getting over a Durango, can be a challenge.

@ mrminux:
Congrats on the new Jeep. I see one can spend really big bucks on one, if they desire to. For myself, I want my ride to be able to get out of it's own way. Wranglers are fine machines, but a bit underpowered in my opinion. I'm not an off roader, so no appeal here for that aspect.

Don

Reactions: mrminux

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I had a Wrangler once, didn't think it was very practical. Rode like crap, noisy, slow as hell, and really couldn't do much with it. Took it off reading a few times and that was fun, but IMO I can use the Charger much more than a Wrangler.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Left the brotherhood of Dodge for a JEEP. Hopefully you plan to be off-road with it else you will curse yourself.

Sales person made two sales in one. You may be able to rescind the deal when you have your wits about you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, friends, I love this forum, but I no longer own a Scat.

Main reason? Yesterday, I took my Father in Law to look at a Wrangler, 4Runner, and a Tacoma.

I had NO IDEA how nice new Wranglers are.

I then looked at what CarMax is selling 21 Scat for ($54K).

I made $6K off my "total price" when I bought my Scat on 31DEC as a trade-in.

I bought a new 22 Gladiator Overlander today. Got $4K off MSRP on the Gladiator, plus a free soft top.

Main reasons... I got my 1991 MGM running good (dogs). I did not need two cars.

I wanted to buy an old Bronco, but now I have something more capable.

I now have a pick-up, too, so I can sell my 150.

I am still here, all, but I could not pass up the deal.

I do think Gladiators are selling so poorly, FCA might yank them from the market, then in five years, they will be collectibles.

PS

Happy Motoring! The Gladiator is very unique in the marketplace as the only mid size truck that you can take off the doors and top. The Overland trim rides smooth. I had one for a couple days while they installed Katskin’s leather in my Charger. Well done on the $6k walk away!

Treasure your Scats. Dealer already has a buyer.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,908 Posts
Getting over a Durango, can be a challenge.

@ mrminux:
Congrats on the new Jeep. I see one can spend really big bucks on one, if they desire to. For myself, I want my ride to be able to get out of it's own way. Wranglers are fine machines, but a bit underpowered in my opinion. I'm not an off roader, so no appeal here for that aspect.

Don
I didn't get over mine, I miss it and when I see one that looks like it, I wonder if the new owner is taking care of it like I did , which most likely not.
I will get another one, I'd like to keep the Charger in the garage , get a Daily Durango R/T and maybe one day sell the Charger for a Hellcat, that would be very nice.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
381 Posts
I sold my '21 SP Widebody last year, and I do miss it from time to time. I'll also agree that the new Wranglers have seen quite the improvements over the previous generations. Congrats on the Gladiator! Which color did you get?

I currently have the Rubicon 392 (sarge green) and I love it. Its big, sounds great, and is FAST. Also have a Charger Hellcat on order..that I hope to see before the snow flies. 🤞

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sold my '21 SP Widebody last year, and I do miss it from time to time. I'll also agree that the new Wranglers have seen quite the improvements over the previous generations. Congrats on the Gladiator! Which color did you get?

I currently have the Rubicon 392 (sarge green) and I love it. Its big, sounds great, and is FAST. Also have a Charger Hellcat on order..that I hope to see before the snow flies. 🤞
Oh, yeah, the 392 Rubicon is a beast! How do you like all that power on a body-on-frame chasis? Ain't no rock big enough to stop you!

I wound up getting Sting Grey. Wanted white, but they had the Overlander on the lot and were willing to deal. Color is growing on me, plus it had the features I wanted!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh, yeah, the 392 Rubicon is a beast! How do you like all that power on a body-on-frame chasis? Ain't no rock big enough to stop you!

I wound up getting Sting Grey. Wanted white, but they had the Overlander on the lot and were willing to deal. Color is growing on me, plus it had the features I wanted!
yeah, it certainly is a beast..and it’s crazy what it is capable of. I’d definitely put it up against most of the “fast vehicles”..until getting into the Hellcat, TRX, etc. My old TRX felt a bit quicker but I would argue the Rubicon 392 is more fun overall. Trx is only really fun if you’re smashing the gas.

No, be thankful you got the sting gray lol. White is great (white pearl is one of my favorites) but it’s too boring for a wrangler imo. One of my previous wranglers was sting gray. It really is a great color but I kinda hate how popular it is, which is why I went with the sarge green for the big boy...you don’t see as many.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, it certainly is a beast..and it’s crazy what it is capable of. I’d definitely put it up against most of the “fast vehicles”..until getting into the Hellcat, TRX, etc. My old TRX felt a bit quicker but I would argue the Rubicon 392 is more fun overall. Trx is only really fun if you’re smashing the gas.

No, be thankful you got the sting gray lol. White is great (white pearl is one of my favorites) but it’s too boring for a wrangler imo. One of my previous wranglers was sting gray. It really is a great color but I kinda hate how popular it is, which is why I went with the sarge green for the big boy...you don’t see as many.
I am with you about colors. I wanted white originally, because my last experience with Wranglers was the 80s (uncles had them out in IA and used them as pushers). Seemed like any Wrangler you saw from then was White or had various neon paint on it. My one uncle had the islander edition or whatever it was. After about five years, he stopped treating it like a baby and as of 2005-ish was in pretty rough shape. He sold it then for virtually-nothing.

Had he held onto it, folks on the Bay would pay him $20K for the little factory logo.... Who would have thought?

If anyone wants to see sticker shock... Check out what Pontiac Fieros are fetching now...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts