Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

New to forum and thought I'd say Hi!!

I have been following the Charger for quite a while and when they announced the SRT8 version a while back I was pretty sure that was the one I'd want to wait for.

Anyone else awaiting it's arrival?

Any word on how many they will make and how hard they might be to find?

So far the only disappointment is the lack of color choices for the SRT8.
Anyone agree?

Anyway... just saying hello

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I wish I could swing the SRT-8... but the fuel economy and having to run 91 oct.... just cant do it with 25k+ miles a year....

Still the SRT-8 is very tempting... but I am going to have to hold back and go with the next runner up.... the Daytona....

Production will probably be around 5000.... but could be wrong....

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Me!!!! Me!!!!!!! I'm waiting too.

I agree on the color choices, but I'll deal with that.

How many? No telling. Hard to get? Depends on how many. Be prepared to take a trip to find a dealer that does not mark up. Airfare is cheap. I flew from MD to Miami to buy my -4 back in Feb of 03. Cost me $400 total for airfare and gas.

Lucky for me, I get to drive a Neon that's just as fast as an SRT-8 while I wait:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
waiting for the 8.

I got a good friend at dodge, so he is going to call me as soon as they can order them. No markup! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post up when you get "the word"

·
Registered
71 Posts
I`ll just get me a r/t model.With the 6.1 not having the MDS ,I`ll definately not be getting one.

·
Registered
769 Posts
First off I will state that I am a long time lurker and first time poster. To get to the question asked, it is my desire and goal to get a Charger SRT8 when they become availiable. Since I am not a purist, the four doors don't bother me. It's actually a selling point to my wife since I have two small children.

The 4 door will make it easy to get them in and out. what I would like to see is a a TFT monitor in both head rests so they can what Nemo or what ever on long trips.

Anyway, great forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This appears to be available for the center rear but only on the SXT?

Not sure why they would do that but I guess it's is easy enough to go aftermarket (and prob better)

·
Registered
88 Posts
If I cannot get into a Daytona R/T then I will try for the SRT8, however that Jeep SRT8 looks awful tempting...decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T/A Rumbler said:
however that Jeep SRT8 looks awful tempting...decisions, decisions....
No doubt and it also seems like it may be the fastest SRT8 of the 4 of them. It seems to be the only one they quote the 0-60 "under 5 secs"

Sure... They give an SRT8 all wheel drive but only on the Jeep :no:

·
Banned
591 Posts
I have a FAST AWD. 60ft is fun but alot of cars will catch you after the 1/8th..and do it with out the chance of grenading a transfer case. Put slicks or even drag radials on ANYSRT 300/Charger and it'll take an AWD SRT8 Jeep.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
6.1, like turbo says, that AWD gives you a nice 0-60, but then it's bye,bye. This explains why FWD SRT-4s take out AWD WRXs. Through second gear, AWD has it, then it's traction benefit is outweighed by drivetrain loss. Once the -4 hits 3rd, it's over.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I hope to get one also, I am torn on either getting the charger RT with the road and track package or wait for the srt-8. Last time I got my hemi truck and didnt wait for the srt-10, dont want to make that mistake again

·
Registered
832 Posts
**** fuel emissions! i'm getting an SRT8 i have already sold my neon!! and i'll sell anything else i have to :monster:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't take me wrong, I wasn't saying that AWD does not have some disadvantages, just commenting that the only AWD SRT8 is in a Jeep. I wouldn't count it out yet though... that's some serious power behind that AWD. I have not seen the weight specs on it but it's not like the RWD SRT8 300C, Magnum or Charger are exactly light anyway either.

I'm not too sure the 1/4 times are going to be much diff overall.

It's a SRT8 Charger for me regardless!!

So... when do they ship?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Does anyone know why the 6.1L does not sport MDS?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
because it will be a waste... the engine will be at WOT all the time anyway... so even if it had it, it would never be used... LOL :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
6.1, I'll betcha (just neener, neener rights:)) that the truck comes in at about 13.8ish. Given equal weight, of course. If it weighs more, then of course, it's slower:)

Ron, the official word is that the lumpy cam profiles don't play well with the bizarro lifters MDS requires.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts