Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know a lot of yall have been checking out exhaust systems.

Who is everybody leaning towards? :geek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
When I do it, it will be long tube headers and dynomax bullet mufflers. Probably do the Supermaxx system from Tbyrne. Nice system and had something very similar on my T/A for the second system I put on it and the difference between shortys and long tubes is huge, I would never put shortys on a car again.

Also, I have a lift in my warehouse & the MAC man stops by every week, so I am a bit spoiled on ease of installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
to dual or not to dual.....what are the goods and the bads of elliminating the crossover (currently H) and running dual exhaust with no tie in (383 4sp, 40 series Flowmast)

·
Registered
136 Posts
CORSA!! juss installed today sounds bad a**!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have the Blastin' Bobs, sounds great and the bang for the buck can't be beat.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I was really planning on waiting for the Kooks longtubes and Corsa, but just recently got a killer deal on a set of JBA headers (which I will be able to use with the turbo kit that is being produced) and a Magnaflow exhaust system.

Depending on how I like the magnaflows though, I may still get the corsa a little later on down the road

·
Registered
193 Posts
to dual or not to dual.....what are the goods and the bads of elliminating the crossover (currently H) and running dual exhaust with no tie in (383 4sp, 40 series Flowmast)
Bads: One bank of cylinders doesn't know what the other is doing - they can have different backpressure, though their intakes are identical.

Goods: Can't think of any - straight is straight, all you eliminate is a pound of crossover pipe.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Bads: One bank of cylinders doesn't know what the other is doing - they can have different backpressure, though their intakes are identical.

Goods: Can't think of any - straight is straight, all you eliminate is a pound of crossover pipe.
Yep - there will be a loss of exhaust scavanging!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I LOVE my Bassani cat-back.. I got stainless, but you can get the same kit in aluminized to save money.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I had Flowmaster 50s on my '66 Chrysler with a 383. Downright obnoxious in parking garages and at WOT but quiet on the highway. You definately want duals, but on old cars I don't think there's a lot to be gained from a crossover on most applications.

If you have logs, skip the crossover.

For my Charger, I'm considering yanking the suitcase despite saying for the last year I wasn't going to mod it. I want something more authoritative but that I can live with every day.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I LOVE my Bassani cat-back.. I got stainless, but you can get the same kit in aluminized to save money.
:rockon: :rockon: :wink: :wink: :clap: :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts