Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're taking our Daytona out to the local 1/8mile dragstrip. I've gone down that drag strip hundreds of times...but for some reason, I'm nervous about tonight! Not the bad nervous...the butterflies in the stomach kinda nervous.
This will be "Emma's" first trip to the drag strip.

Any tips specific to the Charger? I've read the sticky on it, but I want some from y'all!

What are some of the times y'all are running w/the 5.7 Hemi? Typical of Test and Tune/Fun and Grudge, what are some of the cars that the 5.7L runs well against? Not so well?

Wish me luck! I can't wait!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
We're taking our Daytona out to the local 1/8mile dragstrip. I've gone down that drag strip hundreds of times...but for some reason, I'm nervous about tonight! Not the bad nervous...the butterflies in the stomach kinda nervous.
This will be "Emma's" first trip to the drag strip.

Any tips specific to the Charger? I've read the sticky on it, but I want some from y'all!

What are some of the times y'all are running w/the 5.7 Hemi? Typical of Test and Tune/Fun and Grudge, what are some of the cars that the 5.7L runs well against? Not so well?

Wish me luck! I can't wait!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK (lady:))

·
Registered
769 Posts
#1 tip is, let a man drive it! just kidding just kidding a little joke! :lol:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#1 tip is, let a man drive it! just kidding just kidding a little joke! :lol:
:fuming: :fuming: :fuming:

You are SO LUCKY that you made sure to say you were kidding! I grew up on the dragstrip and in the garage; and I take huge offense when people say that girls don't know anything about cars or that ALL girls can't drive (I do agree that a lot of women can't drive, but some can!).

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sorry just wanted to push some buttons, hopefully I didnt take it to far. See now you know why they confused you for a man like you were saying on the other thread because of your skills behind the wheel.:lol:
But for reals do you know how to drive? J/K :grin:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But for reals do you know how to drive? J/K :grin:
Again, you are SO LUCKY you are not serious about that! Can I drive!?!?!

So just b/c I have skills with cars means that I'm easily mistaken for a man? lol...you boys have SO MUCH to learn! :grin: :lol: :grin:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

So just b/c I have skills with cars means that I'm easily mistaken for a man? lol...you boys have SO MUCH to learn! :grin: :lol: :grin:
Totally agree...Boys, geeze!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is doing a lot to relieve that nervous energy and my confidence is coming back....BUT do any of you know the average 1/8 or 1/4 mile times for the 5.7 Hemi?

·
Registered
769 Posts

I was just reading another forum were you said people confuse you for a man but from the looks of your picture, if that is you, hubba hubba. :grin:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Good Luck

<and dont mind Stone>
WTF, I was the one who pointed out that she was a she, someone called her a dude....and jumped back in her thread to see if there was a dead guy <wasnt cause he was kidding>........:)

Enjoy the track!!!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm not a racer, but trying to address your point:

It seems to me from other posts that stock Daytona's are for the most part very low 14 cars in the quarter. 14.1, 14.2 somewhere in there?

Or, did I see one run very high 13's?

I think this is in the ballpark of what they are capable of stock...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it's me.

Thank you, Stone, for pointing out my gender and taking up for me there.

Thank you Cometstorm for giving me some times :)

I'll try to get some video of tonight, and will definately get some pics.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes it's me.

Thank you, Stone, for pointing out my gender and taking up for me there.

Thank you Cometstorm for giving me some times :)

I'll try to get some video of tonight, and will definately get some pics.
When you put it like that it doesnt sound like I did you a Favor:) (as indicated prior YOU DEF look like a woman:))

Yes pic's from tonight would be sweet, again enjoy, you'll do great!!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
When you put it like that it doesnt sound like I did you a Favor:) (as indicated prior YOU DEF look like a woman:))

Yes pic's from tonight would be sweet, again enjoy, you'll do great!!
CURZ!!!!!!!!! you bastad!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol...I don't even know how to reply :lol:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ummm....would you like me to go and hold your hand? :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts