Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem after the installation and if AAC warranties this kind of occurance.
your halos have a lifetime warranty on them. give justin a call and I am positive he will take care of you

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Never seen that happen. Must have been a heck of a pothole or something.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
I as thinkin it could have been the heating/cooling, expanding/shrinking of the glass over time?
It could, but given you've got white rings, odds are they don't get all that warm. I can't really tell where your epoxy is (a good install). It's not impossible that the ring was only solidly fixed at two points and managed to vibrate/pivot about that axis. One good whack against the backing and it could crack.

Definitely talk to Justin and the gang. I personally suspect cracked rings are a non-warranted failure, but it never hurts to ask.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I don't see how that would not be covered. There is no way to prove it wasn't a defect in the glass or something.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I was talking to a guy at Beach Burger last weekend and he said that his CCFL's cracked the day after putting them in and AAC would only sell him a new ring...the cause was he hit a pot hole I think. I don't know for sure just repeating what I was told...I would try to get a replacement for free before upgrading to the new Flashtech Halo's. :biggrin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah as nice as the flashtech halos are... free is better then paying for a new set.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same thing happened to me! they would only sell me a replacement! but it was only like $29 bucks

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
wow I just order mine.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I had one that was broke during install and they replaced it free of charge...so it must be case by case company policy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I guess it's a matter of how big of a deal is made by my justification...or just a 30 dollar charge and another half days work at it, either way I'm not buying a full priced set so I am alright with either option. Thanks for the feedback though guys; I love that I signed up for the forum after about 2 years of just reading...

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
oh yea...welcome from so. cal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I had several headaches with AAC Halos and I was one of the earlier buyers. The first 2 sets of inverters crapped out for various reasons. I was finally provided the "upgraded" metal inverters that were supposedly watertight and they burnt out one ring on each headlamp - a high beam on one side and a low beam on the other. So now I have lopsided halos I won't even run out of embarassment and I am just SO sick of taking off the front fascia, opening the housings over and over due to all the faulty parts they've been upgrading, etc. They've been like this for the entire winter with me saying I would get to it when the weather warmed up but I've been too busy for the headache.

I love AAC's look, but man do they seem to be having quality control issues.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
I love AAC's look, but man do they seem to be having quality control issues.
Six months for me so far. Doesn't mean they'll last forever, but so far I'm pretty happy. I'm strongly guessing the XE inverters are a lot more reliable than the older v1 and v2 inverters.

I hope you get things worked out and get your eyes fixed. I know mine get a lot of (positive) attention.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts