Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this thread im gunna feel like an idiot ..

Srt8 pipes are from the MUFFLER back? OR CAT BACK ?

my freind i dnt no if he was right he said srt8 pipes are from the cat back? but then i spent money on 2 flow master muffler that dont sound all tht loud like i want

so basiclly what are srt8 pipes then?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come On Help Meeee

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure what you are asking here. are you saying SRT8 pipes or is that an abbreviation for straight pipes?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
You wont sound that much louder with an SRT exhaust. The SRT exhaust will probably be from the cats back. If you want a mean sound, spend 400 on some e cutouts from DMH and a couple bills to install them, and you will have the meanest sounding car in your zip code.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Not sure what you are asking here. are you saying SRT8 pipes or is that an abbreviation for straight pipes?
He's talking about the SRT-8 exhaust.

·
Registered
723 Posts
You wont sound that much louder with an SRT exhaust. The SRT exhaust will probably be from the cats back. If you want a mean sound, spend 400 on some e cutouts from DMH and a couple bills to install them, and you will have the meanest sounding car in your zip code.
Can you do this with an RT as well?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nooooooooo im talking about straight pipes not srt8 i was making it short

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
darn skippy ya can hun. I thought he had one too. You can do it to any vehicle. If you have a single exhaust though, you only need one cutout which cuts the cost almost in half.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I may give up here. lol. I know its the internet, but if you are asking for help or advice the best thing you can do is be CLEAR in what you are saying and meaning. Dont type str8 when what you mean is straight.
If you want to run straight exhaust pipes, aka the brylcreem mod, it will sound much louder than any muffler, since the purpose of a muffler is to muffle the exhaust sounds. Its also about the cheapest mod you can do in increase exhaust decible.

·
Registered
467 Posts
going on swapping SRT8 exhaust onto an R/T.
thought r/t pipes were only 2.25"-2.5" and srt8 were 2.75-3". and that the r/t could not overcome the backpressure from the larger SRT8 pipes, hurting performance.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
going on swapping SRT8 exhaust onto an R/T.
thought r/t pipes were only 2.25"-2.5" and srt8 were 2.75-3". and that the r/t could not overcome the backpressure from the larger SRT8 pipes, hurting performance.
Havent heard of that being the case, but wouldnt bet against it. As far as Twisted goes, I thought she was referring to e cutouts, but maybe not. She is twisted after all. Seems I've seen posts though of people buying srt exhaust when they have rt's.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I had no idea about cutouts from DMH, would my car start running hot if I did this, I was looking at this web site

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

Good Idea or Bad Idea? Figured this would be better then spending almost 1200 for a MagnaFlow or maybe get both :lol:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have never heard of any temp problems from e cutouts, and I know 3 guys who are usually at our M&G's here in vegas, in summer. If soemthin was gonna run hot, it would happen here in August.
If you were going to buy the magnaflow simply for sound, do e cutouts instead. If you were looking for a little performance gain from them, then by all means get them too. The Magna's will give you a meaner growl than stock, but NOTHING even remotely close to cutouts.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I have never heard of any temp problems from e cutouts, and I know 3 guys who are usually at our M&G's here in vegas, in summer. If soemthin was gonna run hot, it would happen here in August.
If you were going to buy the magnaflow simply for sound, do e cutouts instead. If you were looking for a little performance gain from them, then by all means get them too. The Magna's will give you a meaner growl than stock, but NOTHING even remotely close to cutouts.
Thanks man, I am soooo going for this, does anyone else recommend besides the web site I posted at http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/ up for any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I am considering getting e cutoutd for my R/T. What brand do you recommend and do you have a address or link for them?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
straight pipes are from the XPIPE BACK.

not the cats back, not the mufflers back..

just after your xpipe, run a pipe to the back, put a tip on it, and ur good.... for each pipe that is.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
straight pipes are from the XPIPE BACK.

not the cats back, not the mufflers back..

just after your xpipe, run a pipe to the back, put a tip on it, and ur good.... for each pipe that is.
D'OH! Forgot all about the friggin x pipe.....
Too much NASCAR, too much beer. lol

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so wait see u guys lose me with all this crapp.... I WANT A LOUDER SOUND I HAVE THE FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS HOW DO I GET THT WITHOUT E CUTOUTS IS THAT BETTER?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Installing e cutouts will produce the loudest sound possible without running open headers. Imagine an engine with no exhaust system on it at all, and that is almost what e cutouts give you. You can hit a button and close them to make the sound quiet when you want it (Like when the police are behind you lol)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts