1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I too was disappointed after about 2-3 weeks with the SLP LM2... at WOT it was not as loud as my Corsa was when I had my 5.7 and the fitment and quality was not even close to the Corsa

I ended up selling my slp lm2 and putting a corsa back on... it cost me a lot but I did learn a lesson

sorry to hear that btw

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You know I hate to say but after watching countless videos of guys and their catbacks, Im sticking to the stock junk. To me the stock exhaust gives you a better sound of the engine through the pipes rather than a a fake sounding engine that is beefier than what it really is. Just my worthless thoughts, and the fact that it really doesn't add any power gains... Im going with a gear for my next mod. However good luck with your exhaust trials.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Put some catless mid pipes on and you'll change your mind!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
side note, what part of indiana are you in??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Are you asking me? I'm not from Indiana. These aren't my videos either FYI, just a good example of the difference. And for the other guys, I'm fairly certain no cat = illegal right??
you can go with High flow cats which are ok, if you go with cat-less you need to turn your rear 02's off or you'll get codes, and as for emissions when it's time you can put your stock cats back on oonly takes 20min to change them out.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Interesting. People are always talking bout how loud that system is. Sorry you dont like it. You should try JBA and you wont be dissappointed

·
Registered
539 Posts
not an expert, but from what i've read and learned from the forum...shouldn't they get louder after 5k miles or so? when i bought my car it had 25 miles on it. after 4 something thousand miles the stock r/t exhaust sounds totally different and more noticeable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was underwhelmed by the LM2 also. It doesn't sound much better than stock to be honest. I'm either going LM1 or Flowmaster Super 44.

·
Registered
232 Posts
get some headers!

When I win MegaMillions or Powerball lol... I'm a state employee man, we had to take a pay cut...:mad:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
If your worried about it being too loud with the LMI's then just get HF cats and that will add a little more sound?!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I always wondered about that SLP Video, It sounds fake. The car moves further and further away but the exhaust volume stays the same.

Sounds like it was retouched to make the noise louder.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
That first yellow Daytona deff has more work done then just the SLP 2 exhaust.........has to have headers, possibly cutouts, or part of the exhaust removed and straight piped

·
Registered
396 Posts
People need to quit spending stoopid amounts of money on their exhausts.
Replace the stock resonators with straight pipe.
Replace the suitcase muffler with a pair of glasspacks or something like the Dynomax bullet mufflers.
It will cost all of $150 to $200 to have your local exhaust shop do this for you.
You'll end up with an exhaust that is significantly louder than stock at WOT and it flows better than stock.
Small bonus - it'll lighten up your car a few pounds. Yay.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I hear the cheaper route might hurt performance because the stock x-pipe ties in with the suitcase mufflers. Also an exhaust shop told me that clamps are better than getting a weld.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts