Charger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think that some laws make no sense, so I kinda pick and choose which I observe (as we all do), but I have nothing but respect for those who put their lives on the line to enforce them. Being cool and candid got me a few warnings or breaks when they could've hammered me. And when the cop is less lenient, well, I knew what I was doing when I got caught... :)

I was just thinking about this last night watching an episode of "Bait Car": a bunch of losers stole a car and were filmed laughing it off and bragging about how cool it was... until the trap slammed shut on them. Then they were all unaware victims of circumstances, all of a sudden. ;)

So when people lie to your face and cop (pun intended) an attitude with you all day long because of your job, it's hard not to become jaded. I make sure they feel safe stopping me and try not to insult their intelligence (too much). And even if I believe they are exaggerating a bit ("you accelerated like crazy!", "you passed 4 cars at once!"), I just keep my mouth shut, sign the damn paper, and kick my own butt later for not paying more attention. After all, if I saw myself fly by, I'd stop me too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
alright idrivesafely is what I need to use. Also costs $40 to take it. So now I have $150 to pay off. Damn justice system

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looking at my citation for 75 in a 65 in Los Angeles last year: $159 + $39 traffic school fee + $10 "e-Public Access" service fee = $208. We get fleeced all the time here.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looking at my citation for 75 in a 65 in Los Angeles last year: $159 + $39 traffic school fee + $10 "e-Public Access" service fee = $208. We get fleeced all the time here.
jeez they might as well have cut off your foot for speeding, $200 for ten over is ridiculous.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got two speeding tickets in a month. The last one would have been hefty. I do a lot of highway driving and I was cruising at 142 km in a 100 km zone in Ontario (85 miles in a 60). Lucky for me the officer gave me a break and lowered the speed. I don't think I'll be that lucky next time.

If you are charged for speeding at 50 km/h over the speed limit in Ontario, police will suspend your licence and impound your vehicle at the roadside.

Penalties for street racing, stunt driving and driving 50 km/h or over the speed limit

Pre-conviction – Immediate 7-day licence suspension and 7-day vehicle impoundment

Upon conviction - $2,000 to $10,000 fine, 6 demerit points, up to 6 months jail, up to 2 years licence suspension for a first conviction

So now, because like you, I find it easy to go beyond the speed limit in the Charger, I put the cruise on and keep it at a safe speed. ;) :driving:
I drive a section of the 401 daily. My experience is that as long as you're not tailgating or weaving through traffic I set my cruise at 130km/h and they never pull me over.

I think any more over than that you're asking for it.

·
Super Moderator
11,494 Posts
I dunno why everyone is responding to a 9 year old thread about a speeding ticket but I'm just gonna go ahead and close this.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.