Charger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short got pulled over doing 70 in 45. Payed my $110 fine and fought my points. Judge said if I take a 'safe driving course' online and show him I completed it, he will take away the points. Only problem is, I have no idea what I should be looking for. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
215 Posts
wtf i had to pay $169.50 for going over by 15 jeeze colorado is really &$%#ing me

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Just wondering, do you guys speed often, or like myself, it's just so easy to do in the Charger and not realize it until it's too late? Not trying to thread jack.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Here in AR, I scroll people for reckless for anything 20+ which runs around $400, plus most insurance companies don't carry clients that have a current reckless driving ticket.

My advice, drive smart.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
70 in a 45 ?? ....what point did you have to fight ??...

Sounds pretty straight forward to me ....

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
70 in a 45 mph zone? You were lucky your ticket was only $110. Here, 25 mph and over is wreckless driving and typically comes with a hefty fine, an appearance before the judge, and sometimes impounding your car.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just wondering, do you guys speed often, or like myself, it's just so easy to do in the Charger and not realize it until it's too late? Not trying to thread jack.
Got two speeding tickets in a month. The last one would have been hefty. I do a lot of highway driving and I was cruising at 142 km in a 100 km zone in Ontario (85 miles in a 60). Lucky for me the officer gave me a break and lowered the speed. I don't think I'll be that lucky next time.

If you are charged for speeding at 50 km/h over the speed limit in Ontario, police will suspend your licence and impound your vehicle at the roadside.

Penalties for street racing, stunt driving and driving 50 km/h or over the speed limit

Pre-conviction – Immediate 7-day licence suspension and 7-day vehicle impoundment

Upon conviction - $2,000 to $10,000 fine, 6 demerit points, up to 6 months jail, up to 2 years licence suspension for a first conviction

So now, because like you, I find it easy to go beyond the speed limit in the Charger, I put the cruise on and keep it at a safe speed. ;) :driving:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So now, because like you, I find it easy to go beyond the speed limit in the Charger, I put the cruise on and keep it at a safe speed. ;) :driving:
Yep, same here. We do a lot of highway driving as well. CC is great, unless you tend to lay your foot on the pedal, as I do sometimes LOL Speaking of I hate the placement of the CC wand, should have been on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yep, same here. We do a lot of highway driving as well. CC is great, unless you tend to lay your foot on the pedal, as I do sometimes LOL Speaking of I hate the placement of the CC wand, should have been on the steering wheel.
On the 06 and 07 the CC is on the left side. Mine is an 09 and is on the right side behind the steering wheel. No problem for me. On the steering wheel are my radio and nav controls but yes it would be better on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I commute 40 miles to work, mostly on the freeway, and would love to just rely on cruise control, relax, and avoid tickets and near-heart attacks when morons pull a fast one right in front of me.
Unfortunately, traffic is such in the LA area that CC is not safe, so I hardly ever use it. There are too many drivers on the roads at any given time, and they'll cut you off without even a signal, or come to a stop in the fast lane because some poor bastard got pulled over on the other side of the road.

I had a tire roll towards me once on the 101 and traffic was so dense that I could do nothing but to let it scrape my doors and fenders (good thing I didn't hit it head on). And I once faced a couch sitting in the middle of a lane on the 5, one foggy morning (everybody had slowed down, so I was able to whip around that one).
All this to say that it's a circus out there, and that defensive driving is a must. I get 15-17 mpg on 90% freeway, if that's an indication (lots of autostick for engine brake and fun)...

So I find myself operating mostly in a state of high alertness behind the wheel, to the point of turning the radio off at times. I realized long ago that the chronic speeder that I am actually drove "recklessly" to get away from other people, for the most part. "Somebody just pissed me off and I'm creating distance from that moving trap" never seems to fly when stopped, though...

My two most recent freeway stops were for 90 (got a break and was written up for 75, as the rest of the traffic was going about 80, but the cop still felt said I was "flying") and 100... I got away with a warning for that last one when the CHP officer had to respond to a more important call! :banana: I should've bought a lotto ticket that night...

Haven't been nailed in the Charger yet, but I'm bracing myself because it's gonna hurt. It's not like I don't realize I'm speeding in that car, to be honest, it's just that it gets up there so easily it's hard to rein it in all the time.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
The CC is the 06 -07 are Mercedes Benz based .....if anybody was wondering

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not a big fan of the CC controls on my '07: I know one can get used to anything, but I don't like extra levers, the various symbols are hard to see/read on that little stalk, and its location pushes the turn signal stalk too far down.
I'm glad to see that setup go for 2011.

·
Registered
707 Posts
:biggrin2:
Unfortunately, traffic is such in the LA area that CC is not safe, so I hardly ever use it. There are too many drivers on the roads at any given time, and they'll cut you off without even a signal, or come to a stop in the fast lane because some poor bastard got pulled over on the other side of the road.
You're right, in heavy traffic it is impossible to use the CC. Toronto gets crazy and so does Montreal. No way in hell you can use CC. Bumper to bumper traffic sometimes or stop and go like you mentionned. I

I have to say I never encountered a couch in the middle of the highway though. lol

The CC is the 06 -07 are Mercedes Benz based .....if anybody was wondering
I used to have a 07 but didn't know why it was on the left instead of the right. Thanks for the info. Now I can go to bed smarter. :D

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We all hear the stories, but it's not always the officer that is being a ****. Ever watched COPS? lol

Many years ago I got pulled over and cited for 57 in a 45. I believe the cop was dyslexic as I was actually doing 75. I didn't argue with him when he said 57... just "where do I sign?"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.