Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealership is getting their order in of Daytona's in 2-3 weeks, I just found out they will be offering them at $8000 over MSRP :cry: :mad: . I have a $1000 deposit (not charged yet on my cc) at another dealership for a Daytona that is also due in about 3 weeks and they are selling at MSRP. The car there is currently in JS status so I'm really not certain, and neither are they, of when it will be there - no D codes yet or KZ? codes yet. Could be 3 weeks, could be 9 weeks . . .

So, local dealer internet sales associate says he can maybe get one transported in from another dealer (can't tell ya where! :) ) and they will have it this coming wednesday. All I have to do is pay transportation charges of approx $2200 and they will sell it to me at MSRP of $37,800 since it is not one of the one's they have ordered in for the dealership.

What to do?? Wait for the next 3 to however long weeks for the MSRP one or get one next week for MSRP + transportation costs and have the first Daytona in Florida?? What to do, what to do . . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are going to have it shipped go to GREGORYDODGE.com look @ the deal they have and order through them, tell them Steve Miller sent you !!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are faxing me financing paperwork Monday and I'm getting it in writing the price and such since everyone around seems to be putting a "Price Addendum" on these of anywhere from $5000-$10,000.

I'm not going to be backing out on this deal because waiting a couple extra weeks or not, MSRP + dealer prep is the best deal I have found anywhere in my search. Even tried having the local dealer locate one for me and they found 6 units, but no dealer would release them to my dealer or if they would, they wanted $10,000 over MSRP - F-OFF!

So much for having one transported in earlier than my anticipated date for the one I put the deposit on! :sad:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Save $2200 and wait 3 weeks IMHO.... 8K is way ripping people off...

I ordered my Daytona from a friend in MI (I'm in SC) the dealer is selling me the car at MSRP less the $500 from Dodge and flying me up to drive it home :)

Potsie

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm pretty sure that some members of this forum have ordered their Daytonas for less than MSRP. Unless you are in a real hurry, I would suggest that you check out some other dealers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
gweempose said:
I'm pretty sure that some members of this forum have ordered their Daytonas for less than MSRP. Unless you are in a real hurry, I would suggest that you check out some other dealers.
Indeed, I'm getting mine for invoice.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep, I have mine on order, for invoice + 3% (@ $1000).

·
Registered
85 Posts
1% UNDER invoice (SE though)...

I know it will probably be harder to score a deal on a Daytona, but here's what I did: I sent an email to five nearby dealers, stating what model I wanted, options, and price I wanted to pay. I basically said, "I am sending this quote request to every dealership in the area. Who wants to make me a deal and earn my business?" I had a response the next day from one dealership and ordered one that day... Since then, I have been getting calls from a rival dealer saying he'll go even lower than that.

I am sticking with the first dealer though. After shooting the sh!t with him, I found out that he's Portuguese, like my wife, and he graduated with her older sister! Small world...

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts