Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im looking to get some snow tires this year. also rims for them- something cheap - can i go with a smaller wheel and smaller rim? would i need to get the odometer calibrated with using a smaller wheel?

any recomendationson snow tires?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Im looking to get some snow tires this year. also rims for them- something cheap - can i go with a smaller wheel and smaller rim? would i need to get the odometer calibrated with using a smaller wheel?

Aren't the rim and wheel the same thing?:tongue:

You want to run a TIRE the same diameter as the tires your car came with from the factory. ABS, ESP, etc. with be thrown off otherwise. LX use a 28.6" dia. tire for most models/trim levels.

225/60-18 and 245/45-20 are the same diameter. I believe the base 17" tires are only slightly smaller in dia. than the others. I have run a 235/60-18 winter tire w/o issues.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Winterforce snow tires from the Tire Rack for $88 for the R/T.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
The stock all-season Michelin's were no good in the snow. :no:

Get a good set of snow tires and you should be fine. The favorites seem to be Bridgestone Blizzaks or Michelin Latitude X-Ice. I got the Blizzaks due to the raving reviews from fellow LX owners and had no problems driving last winter.

Don't wait too long into the season to purchase winter tires. Since there is a limited selection of winter tires that fit our cars, both tend to sell out for the season. Of course, this depends on how severe the winter turns out and if a good sale price happens early.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22497&highlight=winter+tires+bridgestone

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Winterforce snow tires from the Tire Rack for $88 for the R/T.
Yup, I have used this brand before on my 84 Ford LTD and the tires were awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts