Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently smoked my tails with night shades and left the reverse lights exposed. One of the lights turned out pretty good and shiny. The other im having trouble getting to shine up. Does anybody have any pointers on what to do? I have wet sanded with 2000 grit and tried to polish. I dont know if im not getting it smooth enough or what. Any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm no expert, but usually after I get done wet sanding, I will use 3M rubbing compound to bring out the shine. When you polish what are use using?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no expert, but usually after I get done wet sanding, I will use 3M rubbing compound to bring out the shine. When you polish what are use using?
I am using a compound I bought at autozone. I think its mcguires. Ill check when i get to the house. When i use the compound it shines but still has a little orange peel look to it. They turned out really good considering I done them myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know much about McGuire's rubbing compound. I have always had great results with 3M products. If you can still see orange peel you may have to wet sand a little more. Be careful how much pressure you use while wet sanding you might go through the clear coat.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you still have orange peel using 2000, step down to 1500 grit....that's what I used along with 3M Perfect II Rubbing Compound, polish and glaze.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you still have orange peel using 2000, step down to 1500 grit....that's what I used along with 3M Perfect II Rubbing Compound, polish and glaze.
I started last night to sand again. I was useing 2000 grit and went over it about 3 times. I hit it with the new turtle wax compound i got at autozone and its starting to shine pretty good. It still has some orange peel in it so Im going to hit it with 1000 tonight and see what it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.