Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how did the guys that have smoked there taillights ive heard of tinting them or painting them which do you guys think is best thanks

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
U Can Buy Blackout COVERS If U Want Those Tho I Dont Think Their Compleaty Legal I Think U Can Have Them Tinted Tho

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
IT SEEMS TO BE PAINTING THEM!!!BECAUSE IT LOOKS ALOT BETTER THEN TINTING BUT THEN AGAIN TINTING IS REMOVEABLE......AND PAINTING IS NOT???BUT IT ALL DEPENDS I THINK PAINTING NOT ONLY LOOKS BETTER BUT IS CHEAPER!!!BUT IF AN LEO OFFICERS PULLS YOU OVER THEN TINT IS REMOVABLE AND EASYER TO GET SIGNED OFF!!! BUT WITH PAINT YU HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER SET OF LIGHTS??BUT ITS UP TO BASED ON THAT!!!IM GOING TO DO TINT!!!??:grin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I tinted with rockblockers, cut along the body line, and painted the top and sides. Then used pinstriping to help delineate the line (and cover the goofs)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
DO NOT GET THE REMOVABLE COVERS !!! When you get up to highway speed they will blow right off. They do not sit flush and the wind will get under them. I used a smoked tint on mine.

TBY love that look on your ride.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
hey "wishing for hemi" what shade tint do you got on your charger on the headlights??

·
Registered
35 Posts
I tinted mine but because of all the curves and bubbling it looks like sh*t. I did a bad job. If you decide to tint them make sure you know what you are doing or have professionals do it for you.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Painting looks nice but isn't reversible. I've used the RockBlockers for mine and luv it. I'd suggest going with that first, see how you like it then consider painting down the road.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Painting looks nice but isn't reversible. I've used the RockBlockers for mine and luv it. I'd suggest going with that first, see how you like it then consider painting down the road.

It is reversible... Rubbing alcohol gets it off...

·
Registered
860 Posts
do you have to take your tail lights off and spray the inside on the lens w/ nightshade or can i do it while on the car??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts