Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something that Andy came up with for you guys that want BRIGHT light for their smoked Taillight Lenses.

This is a Smoked Charger Taillight,

OFF:

Running Lights ON:

Brake Lights ON:

Let us know what you think!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
They do look great but wouldent work with my tails.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Is it plug and play for an '06??? PM me details if needed. I am SERIOUSLY interested in these. How much for that exact setup, painted and tinted???? I'm not a wiring expert by any means. So I need to know if I need to have someone else "install" these, or if I can do it myself. But I REALLY dig those......

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Honest input... there isn't enough output when the brakes are on. What I mean is that two concentric rings don't cut it. You should really have more area emitting light when the brakes are on. Accent lighting like halos are the sort of thing that are subtle and ignored. You want to send a clear, unambiguous message that "this car is stopping". I'd suggest making the middle area have several closely-spaced concentric rings.

Safety first, kids.

Otherwise these are really nice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is it plug and play for an '06??? PM me details if needed. I am SERIOUSLY interested in these. How much for that exact setup, painted and tinted???? I'm not a wiring expert by any means. So I need to know if I need to have someone else "install" these, or if I can do it myself. But I REALLY dig those......
PM sent

Honest input... there isn't enough output when the brakes are on. What I mean is that two concentric rings don't cut it. You should really have more area emitting light when the brakes are on. Accent lighting like halos are the sort of thing that are subtle and ignored. You want to send a clear, unambiguous message that "this car is stopping". I'd suggest making the middle area have several closely-spaced concentric rings.

Safety first, kids.

I couldnt agree more, that is exactly why I put these togeher!! I wasnt sure if you noticed these are the LED rings versus the CCFL halos they put out 5 times the light output of the CCFL These rings are absolutely blinding in person, I see so often chargers with tinted tails and stock bulbs behind them, and thought why not LED they have 10 times the light output over stock bulbs, an I know it is very hard to tell in the picture, but i did recess the brake/turn halo into the factory reflector to provide maximum light output!:bigthumb: I fear people may think these were just merely thrown together, but there was alot of time/effort put into this design to give maximum light output and killer good looks, I really do appreciate the feedack, this is exactly what I wanted to be able to inform potential buyers:beerchug:

·
Registered
177 Posts

Safety first, kids.

Amen, first and immediate thought I had!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looking at it again after reading your comment, it does look like there's a good deal of light being thrown out of the reflector, but we're not looking at it from directly on/behind.

See if you can post a directly behind image so that we can see what the guy behind our precious car can see, so we know whether he'll get the message that it's brake time?

And maybe so there aren't ten more 'not bright enough' responses. :D

EDIT: I should note that my comment and the quote I referenced aren't even specifically about brightness, per se, but about area of light emitted, which are two distinctly difference situations.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looking at it again after reading your comment, it does look like there's a good deal of light being thrown out of the reflector, but we're not looking at it from directly on/behind.

See if you can post a directly behind image so that we can see what the guy behind our precious car can see, so we know whether he'll get the message that it's brake time?

And maybe so there aren't ten more 'not bright enough' responses. :D

EDIT: I should note that my comment and the quote I referenced aren't even specifically about brightness, per se, but about area of light emitted, which are two distinctly difference situations.

Thats a good Idea!! as soon as i get a car i can put these on ill take some realistic pictures, I really do appreciate the concerns and feedback.

I really do think you be shocked at how much light these thing omit, i think different pictures on a car would MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT( couldnt help myself!!):D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I want to see a pic of them on a charger from behind. It looks like you will have bug eyes from behind.
Is there a way to have them on dim and when you hit the brake they get brighter instead of another ring coming out?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you guys do have 5 bulbs in the center brake light to remember also illuminating when you hit the brakes . Just fyi for those with light output concerns

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
I wasnt sure if you noticed these are the LED rings versus the CCFL halos they put out 5 times the light output of the CCFL These rings are absolutely blinding in person, I see so often chargers with tinted tails and stock bulbs behind them, and thought why not LED they have 10 times the light output over stock bulbs, an I know it is very hard to tell in the picture, but i did recess the brake/turn halo into the factory reflector to provide maximum light output!:bigthumb: I fear people may think these were just merely thrown together, but there was alot of time/effort put into this design to give maximum light output and killer good looks, I really do appreciate the feedack, this is exactly what I wanted to be able to inform potential buyers:beerchug:
Not the issue, really. I'm concerned with area. Drivers expect a large physical area to light up for brake lights. I know you spent a lot of effort on this and I'm not denigrating that effort. I've just got concerns about the design itself.

you guys do have 5 bulbs in the center brake light to remember also illuminating when you hit the brakes . Just fyi for those with light output concerns
Ooo! Ooo! Nitpick! It's six lights in the third high, and they're LEDs, not bulbs. Pttttthhhht! <Grin>

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Safety first, kids.

I had my doubts about the brightness of this at first but this works so well because all the LEDs fire directly at the lens. Most LED bulbs you see fire to the sides in order to fit into the socket so they are not nearly as bright as this. Think about it this way the Infiniti G37 only has 12 LEDs in the brake lights in a ring and they are bright as heck. Its really nice looking, I give Andy all the credit here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I want to see a pic of them on a charger from behind. It looks like you will have bug eyes from behind.
Is there a way to have them on dim and when you hit the brake they get brighter instead of another ring coming out?
We could but then it would defeat the purpose of bright LED lighting.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
But the infinity LEDs are larger, and brighter, or at least thats what it seems like when I see them.

Mind you this setup is probably brighter then it looks like at night.

All in all though This setup wouldnt be bright enoough for my smoked tails. And I am looking for something as my tails are really dark, too dark for the stock lights.

You kind of have a GTR thing going on there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts