Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gotta love the motor city. Cruised a bit of telegraph, woodward, southfield and the lodge. Just had a few jobs around the city and i was taking my time cruising. I played tag with a few cars just having fun as traffic was a bit much for any real racing. We have the oldest cruising roads in the world and theres something about following the river up and down Jefferson or cruising woodward that is just magic.

Anyway on to the story. I got on 94 west to get home about 11 pm. I saw a car weaving in and out of traffic looking like he was trying to catch me. Once he got close i saw it was a late model firebird. I was eager to try him out.:)

He waves me over to the haggerty exit that i know runs parallel to 94 for a few nice straight miles. He sounded LOUD! Long story short we lined up at a complete stop. I beeped three times and got off a great launch! I was a car length ahead and thought i had em!:lol: all the sudden like a shot he just hit second and passed me like i wasnt tryin!!!! Ive been to the track plenty of times and i know a faster car can catch up over a qtr. mile but ive never seen that! I suspected a shot.

We pulled over and i asked what he did to his......No Comment he says. I dont talk about whats under my hood he says:nervous s I say lets try from a roll. He says hes set up for 1/4s only and doesnt go from a roll. I just wanna try i say. Nope! Ok see ya later. He had nice gauges and slp loudmouth exhaust thats all i could gather.

On the ay home i felt pretty good beating him off the line and getting the initial lead, i cant beat nitrous and although i give him the win i feel a bit vindicated that he had to use it (if he did)

Well back on 94 i pulled up next to a white r/t I know its easy pickins (no offense) but we played tag a bit then went for a run on a roll. Left him in the dust pretty good (with a thumbs up) and took off.

Lots of fun regardless.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
haha let that be a lesson to all you HEMI boys and girls...there is always somebody bigger and faster than you!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha let that be a lesson to all you HEMI boys and girls...there is always somebody bigger and faster than you!!!!!!!!
You sure know how to make a guy feel better.

Let me lay down so you can get in a few kicks while youre at it.:confused:

I thought we had something........

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
You sure know how to make a guy feel better.

Let me lay down so you can get in a few kicks while youre at it.:confused:

I thought we had something........
Hehehe awww I love your car...it's just a tuff world for us v6ers out here :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know were just pokin fun!

It sure is rough losin to that firebird. They do look nice but i never really looked into the specs. I thought i had a shot

DOnt mind me im drinkin and watchin the roast of flava flav. that is the funniest [email protected] ever!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i know were just pokin fun!

It sure is rough losin to that firebird. They do look nice but i never really looked into the specs. I thought i had a shot

DOnt mind me im drinkin and watchin the roast of flava flav. that is the funniest [email protected] ever!
My hubby said it was freakin hilarious - I haven't watched the tivo'd recording

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok

Better watch out some of us "easy pickins" Rt owners are doing some modifications that are making the SRT's "easy pickins" :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hey congrats....at least you didn't go home and think...."man i should have atleast tried him" Good story...keep your head up, there are plenty of Stangs out there with big attitudes...and they are easily defeated....hehehehe

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Maybe the guy was juicing and was out of juice and that is why he didn't want to run again?

Either way, never back down from a race if the conditions are safe.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I realised reading the post that easy pickins wasnt right at all. I know alot of you mod heads can hang with an srt and i respect that.

I think the guy was out of juice too. He hung way back after the race and would only let me get one run in. Decent guy but seemed to take it all way too serious. Nice car though

·
Registered
59 Posts
He was definitely juiced, i dont think anything else would have made such a big difference at that stage of the race. If he was supercharged, or had a bunch of mods, he would've had you since the beginning

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
THERE IS ALWAYS someone faster than you. The quest for the fastest charger is a complete waste of time.

It's cool that all of you can beat my v6, that's great. But seriously that's why I don't own a 50,000 dollar car that's known as "fast"

As soon as I get all big headed about it a 1986 honda hatchback or a 1994 camaro blows your doors off and you feel stupid because you know they probably didnt spend that much on their cars, AND their insurance is cheaper...(in the hondas case) and of course they feel good because their old POS cars spanked you.

Just not worth my time, effort, money, gas, insurance, tickets or stress.

My .02. I am all show, no go.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
As soon as I get all big headed about it a 1986 honda hatchback or a 1994 camaro blows your doors off and you feel stupid because you know they probably didnt spend that much on their cars
Never

Why would feel bad? They are still in a POS.

If you place your entire value on your 1/4 mile time you bought the wrong car.

That argument is nonsense

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
PS There is no justification other $5/gallon gas prices that would ever make me want a V6 instead of the 6.1

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
From your description of the run with the firebird it sounds like he had a nitrous system, and a fairly good sized one at that.
with the juice you have to kind of ease it out of the hole and only stand on the pedal once your rolling.
The juice comes on all at once, and once it kicks in and if your traction is questionable, your tires go up in smoke and its game over.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
You guys can say its no arguement all day, once again I am preaching to a forum where 95% of you are here because you like to drive fast cars, and all talk about how fast your cars are. Naturally, your reactions would be one of disaproval. I am simply saying why I don't waste my time with performance mods, or buy "fast" cars. I bought the charger for its looks and comfort. Those were my buying motives.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
You guys can say its no arguement all day, once again I am preaching to a forum where 95% of you are here because you like to drive fast cars, and all talk about how fast your cars are. Naturally, your reactions would be one of disaproval. I am simply saying why I don't waste my time with performance mods, or buy "fast" cars. I bought the charger for its looks and comfort. Those were my buying motives.
That is NOT what you said. You made a feeble attempt to insult those who bought hemis and I laugh at that statement.

You are not a serious driver so it is not like I, or many people, consider you an authority on Chargers or fast cars.

I have had my car for 2 years and not lost once so yeah, it is fast. You want a commuter car and that is fine for you.

I like to drive.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
That is NOT what you said. You made a feeble attempt to insult those who bought hemis and I laugh at that statement.

You are not a serious driver so it is not like I, or many people, consider you an authority on Chargers or fast cars.

I have had my car for 2 years and not lost once so yeah, it is fast. You want a commuter car and that is fine for you.

I like to drive.
Are you autistic? Where in my writings does it state that I don't like the hemi, or imply that it isn't fast or that I even attempted to insult those who bought hemis? I implied that it isn't fast compared to some idiot who dumped money into his 86 honda hatchback. The hemi is a nice motor, both the 5.7 and 6.1, I personally don't want to begin the quest to be fast, because honestly I don't like being beaten. I am a bad sport (Surely a comment about this is nesessary)

You have not lost a race? What relevance does that have to anything? I mean sure my post you attacked wasn't relevant to much either, but I was only stating an opinion, not attacking someone elses, directly.

For clarity, all I am saying is that there is ALWAYS someone faster than you... and sometimes it may even be a beater. I respect quick chargers. I just know too many people who have POS cars that would spank even a 6.1 with ease... which is why I personally choose not to buy/brag/boast about speed. Nothing against those of you who do. Chargers are bad @$$, if they are fast, they are even more bad @$$.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I mean sure my post you attacked wasn't relevant to much either, but I was only stating an opinion, not attacking someone elses, directly. Maybe you just wanted to get a rise out of somebody? What other reason for your post? I just know too many people who have POS cars that would spank even a 6.1 with ease... a POS is a POS period. which is why I personally choose not to buy/brag/boast about speed. But you sure do like to stir the pot for those who do.. Nothing against those of you who do. Really, then why the post??? Chargers are bad @$$, if they are fast, they are even more bad @$$.nice backpedal..

1 - 20 of 82 Posts