Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in class thinking of ideas for modding my car and I remembered something hot that I had saw on MTV's "Real World". On one of the episodes I saw that their shower glass doors were clear and but with the flick of a switch, they were frosted. I did some research on it and found out that these windows are called "smart windows" or "liquid crystal windows" and are currently on the market! Thing is, I was wondering if anyone has heard or seen them for a vehicle and if so, do they make them for a charger and where can you buy them?

http://www.switchlite.com/home.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
That'd have to be illegal...very unique, but it'd have to be illegal.

·
Registered
617 Posts
All I know is that they are hella-expensive. I too have thought this since I keep getting pulled over for my tint, but I know it would be out of my price range, even if they were available.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

Thinking of modding car during class :clap: :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

Thinking of modding car during class :clap: :biggrinjester:
I do this all the time, should see my note paper, different mod ideas. Different sketches, how many different cool ways I can write Charger R/T, etc. You try sitting through 3 hours of Evidence Law or Constitutional Law without doing this...GOOD LUCK :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was actually talking about when the car was parked. If you read the info on it, the window is translucent when power to the windows is taken away...that would work perfectly for a car! Think about it, you get in your car, stick the key in, turn it on and the windows go clear...then when you get out it does the opposite! Talk about another form of security! LOL! But I'm stuck on the idea! I've already sent them an email asking a quote and if they do autos!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've seen demos [online] for office building windows with this technology. I read a short description that said something about changing the electric current can change the level of opacity - so you could effectively go from say 50% to complete black-out and anywhere in between by using some kind of remote or dial. Sounds extremely cool and extremely expensive. Oh, and boat [or yacht if you prefer] windows for some reason?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well I was looking and reading and I saw a link, http://www.spdControlSystems.com/RoadRunner.htm, and this is similar to what you are talking about. It's an adjustable "tint"...you can turn up/down the level of darkness or you have the option to have it set to the level of sunlight that's out!

Still waiting on a reply from Switch Lite tho!
If it's doable, that would be one of the highest 'cool-factor' mods I've seen in a while...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm definitely tryna make it doable! LOL...gotta stick out like a sore thumb and I'm new at modding my car so I want to do something super drastic while maintaining some form of "simplicity"...feel me?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Do you have the money sitting around to drop on this without knowing if it's legal or not? lol.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
It's only illegal if the cops know about it :beerchug:

Seems like a very doable mod though.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
That is some Knight Rider chit right there. That's freaking cool. It would only be illegal IMO if you were blacked out while driving. Same problem as a limo tint.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
But if you could increase the tint and decrease it. Have it max while your doing the sometin sometin :naughty:

Use it at shows and stuff it would be a real sweet mod :beerchug:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny you're talking about this mod, I was just telling a friend about how cool it would be to have that kind of system in my car... Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
The cops would have to take the car aprt to figure out what was going on. They could pull you over for tint, and as they are walking up to the car, you turn the level down to lighten the tint to "legal" limits. Then when they test it it's good. After they are done and you go on your way turn it back to a darker tint.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Definitely have thought about this before.. Sounds really cool and something I could foresee myself doing.. Probably would be expensive as hell though..

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I think they would be great when the car was parked. Hit the lock button and the windows go opaque. That would be cool.
That would be pretty cool!

I have thought about those too!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts