Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my SLP loud mouth II cat-back exhaust hooked up tomorrow at the local muffler shop.... can't wait! What should I expect? I'm a little worried this system is going to be too loud. I hope during "normal" driving it's not too obnoxious. Also, can I expect any HP increase?

BTW, ordered my pipes on Monday night and got them at my door Wed afternoon.... outstanding!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
well everything that your hoping doesn't happen...well...its going to happen...expect loud noises...that scare people coming from the pipes...just put it on and find out im sure you wont be disappointed despite your fears...:grin:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Its a great exhaust but you will have some interior drone... Give it about 100 miles before you over react on how loud it really is... HP gains are very decent but I do not have exact numbers. Most the cars we have dynoed run an intake and exhaust and see great gains!

Thanks
James

·
Registered
507 Posts
i have the lm1 on now and its pretty droney. my 50 year old dad drove it and acutaly said he liked it.:knockout: i thought he was going to say it was too loud. youll be fine with lm2. nice deep and throwty

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was weary about the same problems when I first got it on. At first it will be a little louder than usual. Once it gets broken in, it will lower in sound just a tad bit.
Yes there will be drone inside the car, but not as much as the LM1. After a while you might want it to be louder. I KNOW I DO!
I felt the power right away. You'll get used to it and in the process, WANT MORE. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
the LM2's take some time to settle in my LM2's have become much deeper and the drone has reduced over time.. its still there and some may still not be able to handle it but for me the sound is perfect absolutley love the sound while cruising and WOT :D.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SLP loud mouth II: first impression

Well, got the SLP LM IIs installed today....

My very first impression on seeing the shiny tips: nice....

My second impression on starting up the car and letting her idle: OK, not too bad. Not the deep sound I was hoping for like I used to get from my 4.7L Durango with the flowmaster muffler, but not to bad....

My third impression after driving the car for ~30 miles at highway speed: UUGGHHH! I F#$%ing hate this noise... The pipes sound ok during hard acceleration, however, settle into cruising speed and the drone will just about drive you nuts. If the car sounds as bad outside as it does on the inside; then I'm embarrassed to drive the thing... it sounds like a rusted out POS chevy Vega with chronic dry rot. You can hear the MDS kick in and out. It's awful!

I know one thing: DRONE is not for me!

Anyone want to buy a slightly used SLP LM II cat back exhaust system?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

My second impression on starting up the car and letting her idle: OK, not too bad. Not the deep sound I was hoping for like I used to get from my 4.7L Durango with the flowmaster muffler, but not to bad....

My third impression after driving the car for ~30 miles at highway speed: UUGGHHH! I F#$%ing hate this noise... The pipes sound ok during hard acceleration, however, settle into cruising speed and the drone will just about drive you nuts. If the car sounds as bad outside as it does on the inside; then I'm embarrassed to drive the thing... it sounds like a rusted out POS chevy Vega with chronic dry rot. You can hear the MDS kick in and out. It's awful!

Not after that :)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Ouch !

Yeah, I've listened to the sound clips on YouTube with the LM1's, LM2's and PowerFlo series, which I haven't seen anywhere yet, but the video keeps saying "Spring 2007" ... too bad, cuz I love that sound but the LM-series were both way too loud for my taste ...

·
Registered
48 Posts

What do you want for it?

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I'd put a couple hundred miles on them before you judge too much, mine have mellowed out a lot, I'm trying to upload video to post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same exhaust and the same problem... Just intalled a pair of Zoomers Cannon tips. They really work... much quieter around 2000 rpm and on the highway.. the mds drone is still there but about 25% quieter.. my exhaust went from intolerable to fun in less than an hour! Before you scrap your exhaust get a pair of Zoomer tips!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.