Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but would like to ask if anybody has any experience with the SLP performance headers and exhaust systems?. I would love any info, feedback or opinions as I'm going to purchase a Dodge Charge with the R/T package in Feb 2008 and I'd like to take it to have the exhaust modified to give me that race track rumble and of course some extra HP. Thanks for any responces, LOCOMOTION

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have have Full SLP exhaust with loudmouth I, and I love the sound. It is loud and has a great sound. There was a little drone when I first installed them, but since they have been broke in there is very little drone. Also I gained some pretty good hp from them too. Along with my CAI and a Flashpaq tuner I've run 13.7s at the track.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Metgo ? on SLP

Metgo, If you don't mind I just have 2 questions? Did you get the SLP headers and dual exhaust system or just the catback system ? Also whichever one you installed was it hard to put on? In other words is it a good fitting quality system that just bolts in place with no welding or torch cutting? Thanks Locomotion

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Metgo, If you don't mind I just have 2 questions? Did you get the SLP headers and dual exhaust system or just the catback system ? Also whichever one you installed was it hard to put on? In other words is it a good fitting quality system that just bolts in place with no welding or torch cutting? Thanks Locomotion
I have SLP full exhaust, headers, cats, x-pipe and catbacks. I didn't do the install my self. First I bought the catbacks and paid a performance shop $100 to install them. Then a month or 2 later, I bought the headers and had them installed for $300. But from what I hear, the install isn't too hard, I just didn't want to do it my self.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I Have used SLP for my T/A and my grand prix gtx... I have the SLP LM1 and i love them

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
I get alot of good feedback from customers using the SLP headers and exhaust on their 5.7. Fitment has been good and the install isn't bad as long as you can safely get the car high enough in the air.

Tom

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
i have slp lmII and love them... think about getting their header as well

·
Registered
676 Posts
As long as you don't mind having the check engine light on all the time, then get long tube headers. If the light is going to be a problem, either get short tubes or wait till a true solution to the problem becomes available. As for the loudmouth catback systems, they sound great but I don't know if I would want something that aggressive and loud as a daily driver. I just think it would get annoying imo.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
As long as you don't mind having the check engine light on all the time, then get long tube headers. If the light is going to be a problem, either get short tubes or wait till a true solution to the problem becomes available. As for the loudmouth catback systems, they sound great but I don't know if I would want something that aggressive and loud as a daily driver. I just think it would get annoying imo.
it never gets annoying.....:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
i'm not annoyed..... i'm in love!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you guys have any problems with getting your vehicles to pass smog inspections with the LT's and cat back exhaust. Did you leave the resonators on?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Do you guys have any problems with getting your vehicles to pass smog inspections with the LT's and cat back exhaust. Did you leave the resonators on?

I've been kinda worried about this, but I am not sure. My assumption would be that it would pass. I know if CA it won't because they do a visual check under you car, and if you have relocated cats, you fail.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
NO! No problems. With it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts