Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last couple month's my car has been extremely slower. I can put the pedal to the floor and it slowly goes up then jump's up in speed. My cat's checked out fine, i have recently changed my spark plug's so those are new. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? I have 117,000 mile's on my SE and i don't know what thing's the previous owner changed out. I know it's a V6 but before all this happened she rode great. I will be happy to add any info i missed i just don't know what else to add.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Thomas:
How long have you owned your Charger, and what year is it? Have you seen a check engine light? From what you are saying, once it's up to decent highway speeds, it is able to maintain them. What happens if you try to accelerate for a pass?

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 year's and it's a 2014. No check engine light. And it's slow getting up to pass. I can't think off a time where it doesn't take awhile to accelerate. It's like the AC is on at all time's

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Just out of curiosity, disconnect the negative battery terminal, depress the brake pedal for 30 seconds, and then reattach and fire it up. Let it idle for 4-5 minutes, and then take it for a spin. Report back as to any changes (or not).

Don

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Thomas:
If this test does not change anything, get the battery load tested. I just read a post from a 3.6 Durango owner whose '15 Durango had a bad battery, and would not run more than 25 mph. The remedy was a new battery.

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't tell if it's a 100% better but it is a little. Who does the load test? Cuz i went to advance and they tested my battery alternator etc. And it all came back fine.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Pedal commander will delete that lag with no issue.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
The fact that resetting the computers seems to have improved it a bit is interesting. How long age did you have it done?
Was your Charger covered under the alternator recall, and did you have it done?

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fact that resetting the computers seems to have improved it a bit is interesting. How long age did you have it done?
Was your Charger covered under the alternator recall, and did you have it done?

Don
Well i got it tested again after the reset and this time it said bad battery. So i'm going to replace it and see what happen's. Thank's man i appreciate it

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Sounds good. If you have not gotten the recall done (if it applies), that would be the next thing to do. Let us know how things turn out.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Go to the FCA/Dodge website, and input your Chargers VIN under the "check for recalls section". The alternators in question have been known to catch fire, so I would get to your favorite dealer asap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you replaced the air filter? My car had a cold air intake with a k&n filter. Filter looked clean but I was having a severe loss of power. No codes or anything else. I took the cold air off and installed the factory air box with a new filter and all my lost power came back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did 2 year's ago. And i don't believe i still own the factory air box. I've replaced the filter pretty regularly. My battery is bad so i'm replacing that before doing anything else

·
Registered
5 Posts
So for the last couple month's my car has been extremely slower. I can put the pedal to the floor and it slowly goes up then jump's up in speed. My cat's checked out fine, i have recently changed my spark plug's so those are new. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? I have 117,000 mile's on my SE and i don't know what thing's the previous owner changed out. I know it's a V6 but before all this happened she rode great. I will be happy to add any info i missed i just don't know what else to add.

Have you tried recalibration of your Throttle Body? get in your car and do not step on any pedals. put car in the On position without start. Depress gas pedal to the floor. Count to 20 once your pedal is floored. after 20 seconds, slowly depress the gas pedal. Turn the car off then Start (full start). Drive and see if that helps. It worked for me and I learned that off of R/T Life on YouTube.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts