Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m using the mobile version of the site. And the ads get “stuck” on the screen when I scroll up. Can’t see what the screen says because of the ad. Anyway to remove ads in here Bc quite frankly they’re annoying as fuuuuu

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've asked the @Administrator multiple times about it in the community feedback thread about it, and he refuses to acknowledge it. They don't give a damn what we think, all they care about is making money. So I'll just keep using the site on my desktop where I can block the ads just to spite them. /rant

·
Registered
8,601 Posts
Yep, using my desktop PC now, too. Of course, when using the desktop, half the screen is dedicated to blank, white areas... This whole new layout just sucks, and we aren't getting any response to complaints or suggestions... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Starting to become as bad at ChargerForumZ......

·
Administrator
617 Posts
I’m using the mobile version of the site. And the ads get “stuck” on the screen when I scroll up. Can’t see what the screen says because of the ad. Anyway to remove ads in here Bc quite frankly they’re annoying as fuuuuu
What browser are you using? I want to try to replicate this.
-Philip

·
Administrator
617 Posts
I've asked the @Administrator multiple times about it in the community feedback thread about it, and he refuses to acknowledge it. They don't give a damn what we think, all they care about is making money. So I'll just keep using the site on my desktop where I can block the ads just to spite them. /rant
We will have more info on this posted soon.
-Philip

·
Administrator
617 Posts
Yep, using my desktop PC now, too. Of course, when using the desktop, half the screen is dedicated to blank, white areas... This whole new layout just sucks, and we aren't getting any response to complaints or suggestions... :rolleyes:
The layout is optimized to adjust to any size monitor. It does have space some extra space on monitors that are wide. It does keep the info focused on one space.
-Philip

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google chrome on iPhone. Even when changing to desktop mode it’s still in mobile.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The layout is optimized to adjust to any size monitor. It does have space some extra space on monitors that are wide. It does keep the info focused on one space.
-Philip
I would very strongly disagree with it being optimized. Honestly it appears to be setup to work well on mobile devices, and that is it. Look at the screenshot below. It's only using about half of the total width (chrome 75) for content (which it's only using about 2/3 of for anything useful) and the rest is just background image.

We will have more info on this posted soon.
-Philip
I'm not holding my breath.

·
Administrator
617 Posts
I would very strongly disagree with it being optimized. Honestly it appears to be setup to work well on mobile devices, and that is it. Look at the screenshot below. It's only using about half of the total width (chrome 75) for content (which it's only using about 2/3 of for anything useful) and the rest is just background image.

View attachment 290097
I'm not holding my breath.
Your monitor is easily three of mine stitched together. If we stretched it out from east to west here it might distort the layout.
-Philip

·
Registered
959 Posts
Your monitor is easily three of mine stitched together. If we stretched it out from east to west here it might distort the layout.
-Philip
My monitor is 2560 wide by 1440 tall and that browser window is at 100% scaling and not even maximized. That screenshot shows that the width of that section was 1160 pixels. Hardly wide.

Here's another example to show just how much space is wasted.
Here's the whole window, 1973px wide.

Again only 1160px wide is utilized.

Of that only 800px is actually used for forum content, the rest is for banner ads.

Here's the same window where I changed the max width on the p-body-inner class element. I'd hardly call this distorted.

Heck, here's with the seemingly arbitrarily chosen max width attribute removed. Looks much better if you ask me.

To be a bit blunt here, if your web developers can't figure out how to make this layout work, maybe you need to find new ones.

·
Registered
959 Posts
And since I'm sure ads are what your bosses are most concerned with, here's that with the ads showing. Still seems fine to me. Maybe we need to let everyone take a vote on it, but I'd wager to say most people would rather have the screen space utilized.

Look, I know (or at least hope) you're not the one responsible for all this crap and you're the guy that has to take the crap for it, but this migration has flat out been a disaster.

Attachments

·
Administrator
617 Posts
We are still collecting everyone's feedback. At the moment the screen not stretching to meet both east and west of 2560 pixels is annoying. It is no effecting stop and go so its not a first priority issue. You are correct, I am not one of the developers but I am the messenger. Your feedback is valid and has been shared.
-Philip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts