Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sirius has worked great for the last 2 years with the Factory head unit. Now all channels display "No Signal". Even on the demo 184 channel. Called Sirius and they said there is nothing wrong with my account.

So I am thinking that since I don't have anything on even the demo channel that something is wrong with the antenna or even head unit. CD, Radio, and NAV all still work great. I took the headliner down and the antenna is still bolted find and cable looks connected. I also see that it runs down the rear head panel to the trunk.

From there I guess I can start taking of panelling to see where it leads, but before doing all that, I wanted to see what you guys would suggest? Is there some sort of satellite unit in the trunk (maybe behind the sub?)...or does the cable go all the way to the head unit?

I am out of warrantly so I am sure this would cost a fortune to fix, but wanted to try it myself.

Thanks..Patric

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I buy any antenna, or is there a special Dodge one I need (already knowing the answer I think!)

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Could be the Sirius unit gone out. mine displayed no signal and took to dealer. Gremlins that time as they got it to work and have no clue as to how.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a new car antenna from Best Buy and just plugged it in and immediately got a signal. Now I need to figure out how to mount it without it looking stupid. I guess the one there now is purely cosmetic for now..not sure if I can somehow get the Sirius one to work in its place.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Are you still under warranty? If so, take it in and have it fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts