Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new SRT8 (2006)comming next week and it does not have Sirius but has Nav.
I currently have a Chrysler Sirius setup in my 2004 Intrepid with the RB1 nav radio.
Can I move the Chrysler Sirius receiver from the trep to the charger? Is it the same harness? Same receiver?
Does anyone know if the harness is already run in the car and if so, where does the Sirius receiver mount in the charger?

Thanks
BTW, the Charger is a Silver SRT8 with Group I/II/III and sunroof and side air bags.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, the two systems are not compatible. The SRT-8 is a canbus sytem, while the Intrepid is J-1850. If you're ordering the kit thru a dealer, make sure you get the new 2007 receiver kit for the SRT-8. It has the factory style antenna in it, not the old antenna that is bigger than your mouse.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, were did you get those numbers from? Mopar.com doesn't list them

Don't matter, really, i don't mind the old anttena and why would both numbers change if its just the antenna that different.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I work for a Mopar Electronics distributor. The reason both part numbers change, is the new antenna, which is in the receiver kit, is a single wire, not a 2 wire like the old one. Therefore, the install kit changes because of the harness change.

·
Registered
264 Posts
thanks for the part numbers and info Nate !.....i too was wanting the slim '07 version of the antenna not the big mousey version....(i had it installed on my 300C).....i just ordered the 2 parts today for my SRT8 and will have my dealer install it soon after (they have a tech who has installed a few of them)....

thanks again

IC

·
Registered
264 Posts
thanks for the part numbers and info Nate !.....i too was wanting the slim '07 version of the antenna not the big mousey version....(i had it installed on my 300C).....i just ordered the 2 parts today for my SRT8 and will have my dealer install it soon after (they have a tech who has installed a few of them)....

thanks again

IC
I had my Sirius receiver/antenna kit installed yesterday as well as the VES kit....just need to get back in and update the FCM.....will post pics as soon as i can.....can't wait for NASCAR coming in January !

IC

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had my Sirius receiver/antenna kit installed yesterday as well as the VES kit....just need to get back in and update the FCM.....will post pics as soon as i can.....can't wait for NASCAR coming in January !

IC
here are some night pics....i'll take some daytime ones as well

IC

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.