Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Sirius installed at the dealership in my R/T with the Nav Radio. None of the stations show anything under the info colums on the screen, no song title or artist names. All of the stations play fine and the station title displays.

Does anyone else have Sirius that actually displays program information on the screen? I know that when I had XM, just about every station broadcasted the song and artist info.

I tried pushing the info button and it just displayed "no info".

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Call Sirius back and have them do a location update push on your system this is done automatic but you have to have the system on until the update is complete. I had this problem when I first got it. the operator punched in my zip code wrong. Just try it see what happens.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I will give it a try today!

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is an info button ont the radio/NAV... Try pushing that after selecting a channel. ???

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
jcmeci said:
I tried pushing the info button and it just displayed "no info".

Any help would be appreciated.
Chargin06

jcmeci said this in the original post. That is why I did not tell him to just do that. I had the same problem when I first called Sirius and they had to send a new program to my set and that is how they fixed my problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK here is my update.......

Called Sirius and they asked for my name, address and radio ID number. I then described the problem.....

First they said, not all radios can display the info and so maybe yours isn't meant to ...I said look I have the NAV radio with a big screen and two lines for the info.

Then they said well if you can hear the music you should be seeing the program info since it is broadcasted together and so it must be a defective radio.

I said, you have to be kidding and they said no go back to the dealership and have them check the radio and replace if necessary.

I asked them to please try updating the radio from their end by resending the program info and they said that wouldn't do anything and that I would have to go back to the dealer. They also said why don't you read the owners manua and make sure you have the radio set up right.

At this point I was about to blow a gasket....I said thanks and hung up.

Less than 2 minutes later the info appeared on my radio. Maybe I am just paranoid but I have to believe that they updated or reset something after hanging up the phone. Regardless, my Sirius works fine now and I hope I never have to call them again!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
jcmeci said:
Less than 2 minutes later the info appeared on my radio. Maybe I am just paranoid but I have to believe that they updated or reset something after hanging up the phone. Regardless, my Sirius works fine now and I hope I never have to call them again!
That's what they did dude! Good for you!! :)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
LMAO...I can not beleive that another one of those obnoxiuos phone operaters got another one. They do this stuff all the time they think they know everything behind there phones and the whole time you are the one that knows what you are talking about that is why they sent you the update...good for you I am glad I was able help being I had the same problem...only my operator was very nice she knew I did not know S#[email protected] when I called.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts