Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to an R/T and i hate the sirius reciever on the roof of the car, it totally kills the look of the streamlined rooftop. Is this thing wireless and can i peel it off like i did the side moldings and badges or is there gonna be a hole in the roof with wires running down it when i do? If not i was wondering if its possible to put it inside the car behind the back seat where the glass is, since im getting tints soon this will be a pretty low key place to put it. But i also noticed that the receiver is very weak and just driving under bridges breaks the signal. I want the car to look good but at the same time i dont wanna lose my sirius privelages just for the sake of clean lines, i cant live without my howard and nfl ch.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I just upgraded to an R/T and i hate the sirius reciever on the roof of the car, it totally kills the look of the streamlined rooftop. Is this thing wireless and can i peel it off like i did the side moldings and badges or is there gonna be a hole in the roof with wires running down it when i do? If not i was wondering if its possible to put it inside the car behind the back seat where the glass is, since im getting tints soon this will be a pretty low key place to put it. But i also noticed that the receiver is very weak and just driving under bridges breaks the signal. I want the car to look good but at the same time i dont wanna lose my sirius privelages just for the sake of clean lines, i cant live without my howard and nfl ch.
There will be a hole with a wire running through it. You'd be better off removing it having it painted to match your car and then putting it back on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Satellite radio is line of sight. If you go under a bridge or in a tunnel (or pull into your garage) you WILL lose signal no matter what kind of antenna or receiver you have. The satellite receiver usually buffers a certain amount of data to cover this up. Just like a web browser and streaming video. Mine will play for about 5 - 10 seconds after I pull into my garage.

As for putting it in the back window... Try it first. Also metallic tints can and will interfere with reception. This includes GPS and cell phone. This is also true for your standard radio reception since the antenna is in the back window and basically gets "shorted out". There are good non-metallic tints. I had my windows tinted with non-metallic tint and have no problems with GPS (but I put that antenna under the dash), radio reception or cell phone reception. Get an aftermarket antenna from and try it before removing the stock one. The wire connects to the receiver in the trunk on the drivers side. Play with different mounting positions and see how it works. The factory location will probably work the best but you might find something else acceptable. Not much of a more clear line of sight shot than outside on the roof. I liked DonatoM3's idea of getting it color matched to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.